- postgresql12-contrib The contrib utilities from the PostgreSQL distribution
- 12.8 databases =1 12.7Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: pgsql@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2019-08-08 15:33:17
- Last Update: 2021-05-20 14:38:55
- Commit Hash: fccc45e
- People watching this port, also watch:: postgresql13-client, postgresql13-server, postgresql13-contrib, postgresql12-client, rust
- License: PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting
almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and
user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source
database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students,
undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of
Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In
1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query
language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as
Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and
enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into
memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet
developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The
development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG).
Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the
support mailing list (questions@PostgreSQL.ORG).
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql12-contrib/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install databases/postgresql12-contrib
- pkg install postgresql12-contrib
- PKGNAME: postgresql12-contrib
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1628577879
SHA256 (postgresql/postgresql-12.8.tar.bz2) = e26401e090c34ccb15ffb33a111f340833833535a7b7c5cd11cd88ab57d9c62a
SIZE (postgresql/postgresql-12.8.tar.bz2) = 20849478
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: databases/postgresql12-server
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- bison : devel/bison
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- Library dependencies:
- libxml2.so : textproc/libxml2
- libpq.so.5 : databases/postgresql12-client
- This port is required by:
- for Build
- for Run
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for postgresql12-contrib-12.8:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
OPENSSL=on: Build with OpenSSL support
XML=on: XML format or parser support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- bison pgsql:12 tar:bzip2 cpe gmake ssl compiler
- For install:
- The PostgreSQL contrib utilities have been installed. Please see
for more information.
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 5
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: databases/postgresql12-server|
|20 May 2021 14:38:55
|Palle Girgensohn (girgen)
databases/postgresql14-*: Add postgresql 14 beta1 the the ports tree.
Release notes: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/release-14.html
Also reintroduce parallel builds. Some components, namely plperl,
plpython, pltcl and contrib, fail to build properly when using parallel
builds. Something with static linking using `ar` that fails.
MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE is set for these ports.
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|25 Sep 2020 15:53:43
Fix depenedency for postgresql13-contrib
And avoid hardcoding the version for all other versions as well, per suggestion
in the PR.
Submitted by: Christian Ullrich
|17 Aug 2019 16:56:18
Add an XML option to postgresql12-contrib
Avoids libxml2/libxslt for systems that don't need XML support.
Although there was substantial interest in the PR to backport to
10, I've only done pgsql12 for now, as I don't want to interfere
with the effort to make pgsql11 the default. If things work well
here, it can be backported to earlier versions as well.
Approved by: maintainer timeout (2 weeks)
|08 Aug 2019 15:33:03
iThe PostgreSQL Global Development Group has released an update to all
supported versions of our database system, including 11.5, 10.10,
9.6.15, 9.5.19, and 9.4.24, as well as the third beta of PostgreSQL 12.
This release fixes two security issues in the PostgreSQL server, two
security issues found in one of the PostgreSQL Windows installers, and
over 40 bugs reported since the previous release.
Users should install these updates as soon as possible.
A Note on the PostgreSQL 12 Beta
In the spirit of the open source PostgreSQL community, we strongly
encourage you to test the new features of PostgreSQL 12 in your database
systems to help us eliminate any bugs or other issues that may exist.(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
Number of commits found: 5