- postgresql14-docs The PostgreSQL documentation set
- 14.b3 databases =0 14.b3Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: pgsql@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2021-05-20 14:42:53
- Last Update: 2021-08-12 16:23:00
- Commit Hash: a271b9d
- License: PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting
almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and
user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source
database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students,
undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of
Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In
1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query
language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as
Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and
enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into
memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet
developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The
development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG).
Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the
support mailing list (questions@PostgreSQL.ORG).
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql14-docs/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install databases/postgresql14-docs
- pkg install postgresql14-docs
- PKGNAME: postgresql14-docs
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1628577978
SHA256 (postgresql/postgresql-14beta3.tar.bz2) = 2ea265980193db70106576201a2fee5b2d72bf9890d3911ddd374d4830624bfa
SIZE (postgresql/postgresql-14beta3.tar.bz2) = 22584314
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: databases/postgresql14-server
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- onsgmls : textproc/opensp
- openjade : textproc/openjade
- catalog : textproc/iso8879
- catalog : textproc/dsssl-docbook-modular
- docbook-sgml>0 : textproc/docbook-sgml
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- tar:bzip2 cpe gmake compiler
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: databases/postgresql14-server|
|12 Aug 2021 16:23:00
databases/postgresql*: update to latest versions
The PostgreSQL Global Development Group has released an update to all supported
versions of our database system, including 13.4, 12.8, 11.13, 10.18, and
9.6.23, as well as the third beta release of PostgreSQL 14. This release closes
one security vulnerability and fixes over 75 bugs reported over the last three
Turn off parallel builds since we continue to struggle with build problems when
it is activated. 
Avoid chasing latest LLVM version. 
PR: 256466 , 256167 
Release notes: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/
|20 May 2021 18:57:42
databases/postgresql14-docs: Fix PKGBASE collision
|20 May 2021 14:38:55
databases/postgresql14-*: Add postgresql 14 beta1 the the ports tree.
Release notes: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/release-14.html
Also reintroduce parallel builds. Some components, namely plperl,
plpython, pltcl and contrib, fail to build properly when using parallel
builds. Something with static linking using `ar` that fails.
MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE is set for these ports.