- postgresql15-contrib The contrib utilities from the PostgreSQL distribution
- 15.b4 databases =0 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: pgsql@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2022-05-19 13:39:06
- Last Update: 2022-09-10 17:41:16
- Commit Hash: e79fe1a
- License: PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting
almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and
user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source
database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students,
undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of
Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In
1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query
language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as
Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and
enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into
memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet
developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The
development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG).
Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the
support mailing list (questions@PostgreSQL.ORG).
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
- – – – –
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql15-contrib/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install databases/postgresql15-contrib
- pkg install postgresql15-contrib
- PKGNAME: postgresql15-contrib
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1662450854
SHA256 (postgresql/postgresql-15beta4.tar.bz2) = d84d18ef26a64e76f189b7efb05179920eb0e8ae5d68cdbdbbe966305aee4416
SIZE (postgresql/postgresql-15beta4.tar.bz2) = 23517791
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: databases/postgresql15-server
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- bison : devel/bison
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- Library dependencies:
- libxml2.so : textproc/libxml2
- libpq.so.5 : databases/postgresql15-client
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for postgresql15-contrib-15.b4:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
OPENSSL=on: Build with OpenSSL support
XML=on: XML format or parser support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- bison pgsql:15 tar:bzip2 cpe gmake ssl compiler
- For install:
- The PostgreSQL contrib utilities have been installed. Please see
for more information.
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: databases/postgresql15-server|
10 Sep 2022 17:41:16
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Author: Tobias Kortkamp
Fix WWW in parent/child ports
Many of the WWW are overwritten later which means the wrong value
is used. This did not happen before where the children were either
a) just using the pkg-descr from the parents
b) or had their own separate pkg-descr with custom WWW
Use WWW?= in parents when the child's WWW is different.
Children that use the same WWW as the parent can just inherit it,
i.e., the child WWW can be removed.
Approved by: portmgr (implicit)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:21:07
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
databases: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* "Choe, Cheng-Dae" whitekid
* "Mahdi Mokhtari <email@example.com>"
* "Meikel Brandmeyer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <email@example.com>
* Alan Snelson <Alan@Wave2.org>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
19 May 2022 13:36:48
|Palle Girgensohn (girgen)
databases/postgresql??-*: add postgresql-15 to the ports tree
Introduce PostgreSQL-15 to the ports tree.
Make version 15 the master port, and add plist parameter for the
Release notes: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/release.html