|Port details on branch 2022Q3
- redis Persistent key-value database with built-in net interface
- 7.0.5 databases =0 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: yasu@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2022-08-14 00:01:28
- Last Update: 2022-09-22 07:34:47
- Commit Hash: 2f6db68
- License: BSD3CLAUSE
- Redis is an open source, advanced key-value store. It is often referred
to as a data structure server since keys can contain strings, hashes,
lists, sets and sorted sets.
You can run atomic operations on these types, like appending to a string;
incrementing the value in a hash; pushing to a list; computing set
intersection, union and difference; or getting the member with highest
ranking in a sorted set.
In order to achieve its outstanding performance, Redis works with an
in-memory dataset. Depending on your use case, you can persist it either
by dumping the dataset to disk every once in a while, or by appending each
command to a log.
Redis also supports trivial-to-setup master-slave replication, with very
fast non-blocking first synchronization, auto-reconnection on net split
and so forth.
- – – – –
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/databases/redis/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install databases/redis
- pkg install redis
- PKGNAME: redis
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1663790775
SHA256 (redis-7.0.5.tar.gz) = 67054cc37b58c125df93bd78000261ec0ef4436a26b40f38262c780e56315cc3
SIZE (redis-7.0.5.tar.gz) = 2968205
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- This port is required by:
- for Build
- for Run
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for redis-7.0.5:
JEMALLOC=off: Use jemalloc
TESTS=off: Install lang/tcl for redis unit tests
TLS=on: Use TLS (openssl req.)
TRIB=off: Install redis-trib.rb (lang/ruby req.)
====> Options available for the radio EXTLUA: you can only select none or one of them
LUA=off: Use lang/lua instead of builtin lua
LUAJIT=off: Use lang/luajit instead of builtin lua
LUAJITOR=off: Use lang/luajit-openresty instead of builtin lua
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- compiler:c11 cpe gmake ssl
- For install:
- To setup "redis" you need to edit the configuration file:
To run redis from startup, add redis_enable="YES"
in your /etc/rc.conf.
- Master Sites: