- mips-rtems-gcc GNU gcc for cross-target development
- 4.5.4 devel
=0 4.5.4Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- DEPRECATED: many issues; see https://www.rtems.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2099
This port expired on: 2013-06-01
- There is no maintainer for this port.
- Any concerns regarding this port should be directed to the FreeBSD Ports mailing list via ports@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2000-11-12 10:36:33
- Last Update: 2013-06-03 10:34:44
- SVN Revision: 319766
- License: not specified in port
- FSF gcc for cross-target development. This port brings C, C++ and
Objective C compilers with all target libraries (libstdc++, libsupc++,
libobjc, libssp, libgcc). Gloss and libc layer are provided through
newlib embedded C library.
It can be used to cross-compile operating system kernels (e.g. Linux, L4, etc)
for this architecture.
Use TGTARCH switch to select target architecture, and TGTABI to select ABI.
E.g. the following command will build toolchain for rtems on sparc:
% make TGTARCH=sparc TGTABI=rtems
If you encounter any problems building/using/installing this port, please
make me know. It would help to improve this port in feature.
- SVNWeb :
git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- PKGNAME: mips-rtems-gcc
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- There is no distinfo for this port.
- No package information for this port in our database
- Sometimes this happens. Not all ports have packages.
- Master port: devel/cross-gcc
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- mips-rtems-as : devel/cross-binutils
- bison : devel/bison
- gmake : devel/gmake
- Runtime dependencies:
- mips-rtems-as : devel/cross-binutils
- Library dependencies:
- gmp.10 : math/gmp
- mpfr.4 : math/mpfr
- mpc.2 : math/mpc
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for mips-rtems-gcc-4.5.4:
CXX=on: C++ support
FORTRAN=off: Fortran support
OBJC=on: Objective C support
RTEMS_PATCHES=on: Apply RTEMS patches
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: devel/cross-gcc|
|03 Jun 2013 10:34:44
Remove expired ports:
2013-03-05 mail/p5-vpopmail: Broken for more than 6 month
2013-06-01 mail/vodmr: depends on expired mail/p5-vpopmail
2013-06-03 audio/ventrilo-server: No more public distfiles
2013-06-03 devel/libzrtp: No more public distfiles
2013-05-30 mail/postfix26: No longer supported by upstream
2013-06-01 devel/i386-rtems-gcc: many issues; see
2013-06-01 devel/mips-rtems-gcc: many issues; see
2013-06-01 devel/arm-rtems-gcc: many issues; see
2013-06-01 devel/sh-rtems-gcc: many issues; see
2013-06-01 devel/powerpc-rtems-gcc: many issues; see
2013-06-01 devel/sparc-rtems-gcc: many issues; see
2013-06-01 devel/mips-rtems-binutils: many issues; see
2013-06-01 devel/i386-rtems-binutils: many issues; see
2013-06-01 devel/sh-rtems-binutils: many issues; see
https://www.rtems.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2099(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|24 Mar 2013 21:52:35
Deprecate and mark BROKEN the rtems ports.
There are many issues with the ports and these will require a dedicated
maintainer to fix them.
Reviewed by: swills, email@example.com
|24 Oct 2011 03:33:20
- Return my ports back to the pool. I was unable to make any fixes to
my ports in the past 3 weeks while ports were broken on any 10.x
machines, which means I'm unable to maintain them. So let people know
that there's no available support for them until things are back to
normal (which also means that anyone with spare time will be able
to fix them without getting approval).
|24 Jun 2007 16:18:40
- Fix index breakage 
- Fix expiration date.
Noticed by: erwin 
|24 Jun 2007 08:16:19
- Update the rtems ports collection. Now these ports will be slaves of
more generic cross-* ports, that will simplify updating and bug fixes.
* Update binutils to 2.17
* Update gcc to 4.2.0
* Update gdb to 6.6
- Deprecate ports for i960 architecture abandoned by mainstream
- Deprecate *-g77 and *-objc ports, support for these languages can
be enabled via OPTIONS in relative *-gcc ports.
- Take maintainership.
Approved by: ade (maintainer)
|11 Jun 2007 04:47:21
Since there are a number of issues associated with the *-rtems-* ports
as a result of the new gettext, and given the jeh@ is currently on
sabbatical, with these ports (amongst others) being reset to ports@,
temporarily take over maintainership to cut through a little red tape
to get things back in order.
|06 Jun 2007 07:54:08
Reset jeh@FreeBSD.org, who is away from FreeBSD work for a while.
|17 Nov 2003 03:15:17
Fix the usage of MASTERDIR in both the slave and master port as mentioned
in PR: 59254
|03 Nov 2003 13:16:26
Add MACHINE_ARCH to MAKE_ENV to try and stop stupid breakage on 5.x
bento builds caused by it forcing it's maching arch onto the ports.
No PORTREVISION bump required, they don't build now.
|18 Dec 2000 19:10:46
Added devel/mips-rtems-gcc/Makefile back to the active roster
|14 Nov 2000 12:26:30
Remove these ports temporarily pending release. (I don't want to tag them by
|12 Nov 2000 13:36:33
Make BROKEN. The first part RepoCopy has been done. There is still more work
to be done.