- powerpc64-binutils GNU binutils for powerpc64 cross-development
- 2.32_1,1 devel
=2 2.32_1,1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: bapt@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2014-10-08 22:42:18
- Last Update: 2019-11-15 10:09:03
- SVN Revision: 517642
- People watching this port, also watch:: llvm, openjdk8, glib
- License: GPLv3 LGPL3
- The GNU Binutils are a collection of binary tools. The main ones are:
* ld - the GNU linker.
* as - the GNU assembler.
Most of these programs use BFD, the Binary File Descriptor library, to do
low-level manipulation. Many of them also use the opcodes library to assemble
and disassemble machine instructions.
This port may be used as a replacement for the system binutils and support
features from the latest versions of GCC.
For cross-compilation, see the devel/cross-binutils port.
cgit ¦ GitHub ¦ GitHub ¦ GitLab ¦
- Manual pages:
- FreshPorts has no man page information for this port.
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- PKGNAME: powerpc64-binutils
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1549441338
SHA256 (binutils-2.32.tar.bz2) = de38b15c902eb2725eac6af21183a5f34ea4634cb0bcef19612b50e5ed31072d
SIZE (binutils-2.32.tar.bz2) = 30782392
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: devel/binutils
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gmake : devel/gmake
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for powerpc64-binutils-2.32_1,1:
RELRO=off: enable -z relro in ELF linker by default
STATIC=off: Build static executables and/or libraries
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- bison:alias cpe gmake libtool tar:bzip2 compiler:env
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: devel/binutils|
15 Nov 2019 10:09:03
Update binutils to 2.33.1
While here, convert binutils into flavors, that ease a lot maintenance
and helps cleaning out the code.
This is inspired by the same work on going on the xtoolchained gcc by jhb@
Exp-run: antoine (portmgr)
Discussed with: jhb
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D22258
21 Jan 2019 10:11:57
Update binutils to 2.31.1
06 Feb 2018 15:15:47
Regenerate plist r461058
Add a PLIST_SUB entry to simplify plists
06 Feb 2018 14:32:52
Fix cross build of base/ ports
This is a follow up to r461057 and fixes base/binutils and base/gcc in my
Submitted by: nwhitehorn (partially, I made additional changes)
Reviewed by: bapt
05 Feb 2018 09:03:22
Commit plist changes forgotten in previous update
Reported by: antoine, Mark Millard <email@example.com>
26 Aug 2016 14:18:50
Update to 2.27
Remove aarch64 patches which are now upstream
Disable new x86 relocation to avoid incompatibilities with the old base binutils
Activate all targets on the default binutils (requested by royger@)
Add a RELRO option (default off) to be able to define the default behaviour of
ld(1) on passing or not -z relro
27 Jan 2016 07:49:45
Revert update to binutils 2.25.1 and bump portepoch to reflect that revert
binutils has build issues on 10.x i386 and is full of regressions on 9.x:
unexpected build failures on nss and others
Reported by: antoine
Pointyhat to: bapt
26 Jan 2016 19:25:30
Update binutils to 2.26
25 Dec 2014 22:48:43
Update binutils to 2.25
This release incorporates most of the FreeBSD patches
Mark aach64 as broken as the patchset needs to be updated
11 Oct 2014 09:22:52
Remove trailing / in MASTERDIR
10 Oct 2014 07:26:25
Add size into the bin/ directory
08 Oct 2014 22:41:59
Add a cross binutils for powerpc64