- nvi2 Updated implementation of the ex/vi text editor
- 2.2.0 editors =0 2.2.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: leres@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2020-07-27 01:58:37
- Last Update: 2021-04-06 14:31:07
- Commit Hash: 305f148
- License: BSD3CLAUSE
- nvi is an implementation of the ex/vi text editor.
The original vi was written by William Joy. Later Mark Horton added
a number of enhancements.
nvi was written by Keith Bostic and was distributed as part of the
Fourth Berkeley Software Distribution (4BSD) by the University of
This version is based on a fork of nvi by Sven Verdoolaege. It is
very similar to the base vi but includes the expandtab option from
NetBSD which is handy for Python development.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/editors/nvi2/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install editors/nvi2
- pkg install nvi2
- PKGNAME: nvi2
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1600161316
SHA256 (lichray-nvi2-v2.2.0_GH0.tar.gz) = cd668287f55af1e2ccd64e6c0edb504aec41d25a9efe2e505abaa90c3c551455
SIZE (lichray-nvi2-v2.2.0_GH0.tar.gz) = 439545
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- cmake : devel/cmake
- ninja : devel/ninja
- Library dependencies:
- libdb-5.3.so : databases/db5
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for nvi2-2.2.0:
DEBUG=off: Build with debugging support
ICONV=on: Enable iconv support
WIDECHAR=on: Enable wide-character support (UTF-8)
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- bdb cmake compiler:c11 ncurses iconv
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
- port moved here from editors/nvi-devel on 2020-10-26
REASON: Has expired: Unsupported upstream since 2015, please switch to editors/nvi2
- port moved here from editors/nvi2-port on 2020-08-10
REASON: Rename to editors/nvi2
Number of commits found: 6
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|15 Sep 2020 09:22:18
Regular USE_GITHUB cleanup.
|17 Aug 2020 16:22:12
editors/nvi2: fix build on GCC architectures
Use newer GCC:
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-dangling-else"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcolor-diagnostics"
-fcolor-diagnostics is incompatible with GCC, compilation works fine with Clang
also without it.
|03 Aug 2020 23:28:23
editors/nvi2: Update to 2.2.0
Switch to the release version, there are no functional changes
compared to 2.1.3.g2020801.
Documented changes between 2.1.3 and 2.2.0:
- Vim-style expandtab option
- Provides Turkish translation
- Backspace now deletes \ rather than being escaped
- T during motion commands is now VI-compatible
- Encoding related fixes, such as UTF-8 detection
- Fixed a number of memory management issues
|01 Aug 2020 21:35:31
editors/nvi2: Update to the 2020801 version
- The expandtab option now applies to lines filtered with the !
- Enable Ninja for the build thanks to upstream changes
- Add symlinks for the nex and nview man pages
|27 Jul 2020 01:58:34
editors/nvi2-port: Rename to editors/nvi2
Grrr... my addport notes failed me.
Number of commits found: 6