- sly Sylvester the Cat's Common Lisp IDE for Emacs
- 1.0.43_1 editors =0 1.0.43_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: email@example.com
- Port Added: 2021-03-16 10:35:48
- Last Update: 2021-04-07 08:09:01
- Commit Hash: cf118cc
- Also Listed In: elisp
- License: PD
- SLY is a fork of SLIME. We track its bugfixes, particularly to the
implementation backends. All SLIME's familiar features (debugger, inspector,
xref, etc...) are still available, with improved overall UX.
SLY's highlights are:
- A full-featured REPL based on Emacs's comint.el. Everything can be copied to
- Stickers, or live code annotations that record values as code traverses them.
- Flex-style completion out-of-the-box, using Emacs's completion API. Company,
Helm, and other supported natively, no plugin required.
- An interactive Trace Dialog.
- Cleanly ASDF-loaded by default, including contribs, enabled out-of-the-box.
- Multiple inspectors and multiple REPLs.
- "Presentations" replaced by interactive backreferences which highlight the
object and remain stable throughout the REPL session.
- Support for NAMED-READTABLES, macrostep.el and quicklisp.
- A portable, annotation-based stepper in early but functional prototype stage.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/editors/sly/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install sly-emacs27
- PKGNAME: sly-emacs27
- Package flavors (<flavor>: <package>)
- full: sly-emacs27
- canna: sly-emacs27_canna
- nox: sly-emacs27_nox
- devel_full: sly-emacs28
- devel_nox: sly-emacs28_nox
- TIMESTAMP = 1613556780
SHA256 (joaotavora-sly-1.0.43_GH0.tar.gz) = 84b2d8326a429dcc621022d2ebbde7ed4813594d7445f264cb6ff5bf5f3bf9e9
SIZE (joaotavora-sly-1.0.43_GH0.tar.gz) = 1835404
- Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- texinfo>=5.2 : print/texinfo
- tex.fmt : print/tex-formats
- dvips : print/tex-dvipsk
- emacs-27.2 : editors/emacs@full
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- Runtime dependencies:
- emacs-27.2 : editors/emacs@full
- indexinfo : print/indexinfo
- This port is required by:
- for Build
- for Run
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for sly-emacs27-1.0.43_1:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
DOCS_PDF=on: Build PDF documentation (requires DOCS)
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- emacs gmake
- If installing:
- To enable autoloading of SLY, add this to some Emacs init file:
You should specify some Lisp implementation. This works for both SLY and SLIME:
(setq inferior-lisp-program "path_to_your_lisp_binary")
SLY however has convenient specific variables for more complex
(setq sly-default-lisp 'sbcl
sly-lisp-implementations '((sbcl ("sbcl"))))
Please see their documentation.
Contribs in `sly-contribs' list are automatically loaded and enabled (and those
not in it are disabled) each time a new session is launched, or `sly-setup' is
called. If you define `sly-contribs' in some initialization file, be sure to
include sly-fancy in it (instead, you can add to the list using `add-to-list',
after the `require' above).
If you just want to immediately enable a contrib, you can instead use
`sly-enable-contrib', but be aware that the effect will be temporary. It will
last up to the next connection established or `sly-setup' call, unless you add
the contrib to `sly-contribs' in the meantime.
- Master Sites: