- libmpeg2 A free library for decoding mpeg-2 and mpeg-1 video streams
- 0.2.1_1 graphics
=22 0.2.1_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: lioux@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2001-10-16 16:25:34
- Last Update: 2002-11-28 17:36:25
- SVN Revision: UNKNOWN
- People watching this port, also watch:: lcms, libxml2, libfpx, gmake, popt
- License: not specified in port
- [ excerpt from developer's site ]
It is a free library for decoding mpeg-2 and mpeg-1 video
streams. The main goals in libmpeg2 development are:
Conformance - libmpeg2 is able to decode all mpeg streams that
conform to certain restrictions: "constrained parameters" for
mpeg-1, and "main profile" for mpeg-2. In practice, this is what
most people are using. For streams that follow these restrictions,
we believe libmpeg2 is 100% conformant to the mpeg standards - and
we have a pretty extensive test suite to check this.
Speed - for most current systems, the display will actually take
more time than the mpeg-2 decoding. For systems that have hardware
color conversion and scaling (as we can use with the xv extension
in Xfree 4), you should be able to watch DVD streams on a Celeron
400. On a PIII/666 with null display you should get about 110 frames
Portability - most of the code is written in C, and when we use
platform-specific optimizations we always have a generic C routine
to fall back on.
cgit ¦ GitHub ¦ GitHub ¦ GitLab ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- There is no distinfo for this port.
No package information for this port in our database
- Sometimes this happens. Not all ports have packages.
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- libtool : devel/libtool
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
28 Nov 2002 17:36:25
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
09 Jul 2002 17:27:09
o Add post-install line installing libvo.a needed by upcoming port
o Bump PORTREVISION
Requested by: ijliao
Reviewed by: ijliao
03 Jul 2002 19:15:17
03 May 2002 01:37:31
Re-enable build WITH_MGA. Still needs checking for correctness but
fixes build. Remark from submitter: "static functions without any
where call are broken"
Submitted by: nork
25 Apr 2002 00:50:02
Update to 0.2.1
Prompted by: ijliao
17 Apr 2002 12:38:03
Chase increase of libSDL version number.
|16 Oct 2001 20:25:34
New port libmpeg2 version 0.2.0: A free library for decoding mpeg-2 and mpeg-1