- sane-airscan SANE backend for AirScan (eSCL) and WSD document scanners
- 0.99.26_2 graphics =1 0.99.26_2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: email@example.com
- Port Added: 2021-09-20 08:06:06
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- People watching this port, also watch:: noto-tc, font-misc-meltho, libjxl, xclock, gstreamer1-plugins-pango
- License: GPLv2
- SANE backend for AirScan (eSCL) and WSD document scanner
Similar to how most modern network printers support "driverless" printing,
using the universal vendor-neutral printing protocol, many modern network
scanners and MFPs support "driverless" scanning.
Driverless scanning comes in two flavors:
* Apple AirScan or AirPrint scanning (official protocol name is eSCL)
* Microsoft WSD, or WS-Scan (term WSD means "Web Services for Devices)
This backend implements both protocols, choosing automatically between them.
It was successfully tested with many devices from Brother, Canon, Dell,
Kyocera, Lexmark, Epson, HP, OKI, Panasonic, Pantum, Ricoh, Samsung and
Xerox both in WSD and eSCL modes.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/graphics/sane-airscan/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install graphics/sane-airscan
- pkg install sane-airscan
- PKGNAME: sane-airscan
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1630878170
SHA256 (alexpevzner-sane-airscan-0.99.26_GH0.tar.gz) = f124d51e1510a4950454794eba0ba633e4b58d312cdeb26b80deb192d563ce5e
SIZE (alexpevzner-sane-airscan-0.99.26_GH0.tar.gz) = 196488
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- sane-backends>0 : graphics/sane-backends
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- Library dependencies:
- libavahi-client.so : net/avahi-app
- libpng.so : graphics/png
- libgnutls.so : security/gnutls
- libxml2.so : textproc/libxml2
- libjpeg.so : graphics/jpeg-turbo
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- gmake gnome jpeg pkgconfig
- For install:
- To make the automatic discovery work, you need to have avahi-daemon running.
Make sure that
is in /etc/rc.conf(.local), and start the avahi-daemon service. Some other
program, such as Firefox, may also bind to the mDNS port (5353), so make sure
that avahi-daemon can bind to the port.
To quickly check if your scanner can be discovered, run
avahi-browse -r _uscan._tcp
You should see your scanner listed in the result.
- WWW: https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 6
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
10 Apr 2022 19:11:41
|Charlie Li (vishwin)
textproc/libxml2: bump all LIB_DEPENDS consumers
This is a separate commit to facilitate easier cherry-picking for
PR: 262853, 262940, 262877, 263126
Approved by: fluffy (mentor)
26 Mar 2022 08:27:27
|Matthias Fechner (mfechner)
textproc/libxml2: bump all dependencies
This should make sure that all dependent ports will pick
up the new version commited with a13ec21cd733f67a9fc0dc00ab45268bdc236246
12 Oct 2021 15:01:38
|Tobias Kortkamp (tobik)
*: Clean up some things
- Fix typos
- Fix overwritten variables with focus on master/slave ports
- Remove unreferenced variables
- Sort categories
- Remove redundant option descriptions
- Clean up commented PORTREVISION
- Add missing USES
Reported by: portscan
20 Sep 2021 08:04:09
|Daniel Engberg (diizzy)
Author: Henry Hu
graphics/sane-airscan: New port: AirScan backend for SANE
Approved by: tcberner (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D31918
Number of commits found: 6