- apache-commons-dbcp Apache Commons Database Connection Pool
- 2.9.0 java =0 2.9.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: ale@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2019-12-30 09:15:35
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- Also Listed In: databases
- License: APACHE20
- The DBCP Component
Many Jakarta projects support interaction with a relational database.
Creating a new connection for each user can be time consuming (often
requiring multiple seconds of clock time), in order to perform a
database transaction that might take milliseconds. Opening a
connection per user can be unfeasible in a publicly-hosted Internet
application where the number of simultaneous users can be very large.
Accordingly, developers often wish to share a "pool" of open
connections between all of the application's current users. The number
of users actually performing a request at any given time is usually a
very small percentage of the total number of active users, and during
request processing is the only time that a database connection is
required. The application itself logs into the DBMS, and handles any
user account issues internally.
There are several Database Connection Pools already available, both
within Jakarta products and elsewhere. This Commons package provides
an opportunity to coordinate the efforts required to create and
maintain an efficient, feature-rich package under the ASF license.
The commons-dbcp package relies on code in the commons-pool package to
provide the underlying object pool mechanisms that it utilizes.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/java/apache-commons-dbcp/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install java/apache-commons-dbcp
- pkg install apache-commons-dbcp
- PKGNAME: apache-commons-dbcp
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1643622000
SHA256 (commons-dbcp2-2.9.0-bin.tar.gz) = 25525942255ecd67e7e3f3fe3a670caeb4177e221706fba2b596c03959c7d1ec
SIZE (commons-dbcp2-2.9.0-bin.tar.gz) = 1910338
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- commons-pool.jar : java/apache-commons-pool
- java : java/openjdk8
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for apache-commons-dbcp-2.9.0:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 8
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:22:12
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
java: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
* Alex Semenyaka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alexander Yerenkow <email@example.com>
* Anton Yudin (<firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Anton Yudin <email@example.com>
* Benjamin Close <benjsc@FreeBSD.org>
* Björn König <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Conor McDermottroe <email@example.com>
* Danilo Egea Gondolfo <danilo@FreeBSD.org
* Dave Glowacki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
31 Jan 2022 12:22:46
|Alex Dupre (ale)
java/apache-commons-dbcp: update to 2.9.0 release
11 Oct 2021 18:52:45
|Daniel Engberg (diizzy)
java/apache-commons-dbcp: Update MASTER_SITES
Use a direct URL to Apache's release archive site as it's not mirrored
by upstream mirror sites
Approved by: ale (port maintainer), arrowd (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D32426
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
28 Sep 2020 11:06:30
Update to 2.8.0 release.
30 Dec 2019 09:15:29
Rename my jakarta- ports to apache-
Number of commits found: 8