- apache-commons-dbcp Apache Commons Database Connection Pool
- 2.8.0 java =0 2.8.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: ale@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2019-12-30 09:15:35
- Last Update: 2020-09-28 12:06:30
- SVN Revision: 550418
- Also Listed In: databases
- License: APACHE20
- The DBCP Component
Many Jakarta projects support interaction with a relational database.
Creating a new connection for each user can be time consuming (often
requiring multiple seconds of clock time), in order to perform a
database transaction that might take milliseconds. Opening a
connection per user can be unfeasible in a publicly-hosted Internet
application where the number of simultaneous users can be very large.
Accordingly, developers often wish to share a "pool" of open
connections between all of the application's current users. The number
of users actually performing a request at any given time is usually a
very small percentage of the total number of active users, and during
request processing is the only time that a database connection is
required. The application itself logs into the DBMS, and handles any
user account issues internally.
There are several Database Connection Pools already available, both
within Jakarta products and elsewhere. This Commons package provides
an opportunity to coordinate the efforts required to create and
maintain an efficient, feature-rich package under the ASF license.
The commons-dbcp package relies on code in the commons-pool package to
provide the underlying object pool mechanisms that it utilizes.
- SVNWeb : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/java/apache-commons-dbcp/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install apache-commons-dbcp
- PKGNAME: apache-commons-dbcp
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1601279825
SHA256 (commons-dbcp2-2.8.0-bin.tar.gz) = c25520cd156f8e6425bbb01edecae3795a344d517fdcc537408206cc21e96e8f
SIZE (commons-dbcp2-2.8.0-bin.tar.gz) = 1874482
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- commons-pool.jar : java/apache-commons-pool
- java : java/openjdk8
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options
- ===> The following configuration options are available for apache-commons-dbcp-2.8.0:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 2
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|28 Sep 2020 11:06:30
Update to 2.8.0 release.
|30 Dec 2019 09:15:29
Rename my jakarta- ports to apache-
Number of commits found: 2
13 vulnerabilities affecting 98 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new