- linux-sun-jre15 Sun Java Runtime Environment 1.5 for Linux
- 22.214.171.124 java
=1 126.96.36.199Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- DEPRECATED: EOLed upstream since october 2009
This port expired on: 2012-11-27
IGNORE: You must manually fetch the JRE self-extracting file for the Linux platform (jre-1_5_0_22-linux-i586.bin) from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp, place it in /usr/ports/distfiles and then run make again
RESTRICTED: Redistribution of repackaged binaries not permitted
NO CDROM: License does not allow distribution with fee
- Maintainer: java@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2007-10-26 20:59:58
- Last Update: 2012-12-10 17:18:32
- SVN Revision: 308619
- People watching this port, also watch:: cvsgraph, screen, python
- License: not specified in port
- The Sun Java Runtime Environment 1.5 for Linux.
- SVNWeb :
git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions: this port has been deleted.
- The package name of this deleted port was:
- PKGNAME: linux-sun-jre
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- ONLY_FOR_ARCHS: i386 amd64
- There is no distinfo for this port.
- No package information for this port in our database
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- javavm : java/javavmwrapper
- fedora-release : emulators/linux_base-f10
- libexpat.so.1 : textproc/linux-f10-expat
- libfontconfig.so.1.3.0 : x11-fonts/linux-f10-fontconfig
- libXrandr.so.2.1.0 : x11/linux-f10-xorg-libs
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- Master Sites:
- port moved to java/linux-sun-jre16 on 2012-12-10
REASON: Has expired: EOLed upstream since October 2009
Number of commits found: 7
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|10 Dec 2012 17:18:32
Decommissioning java 1.5 (EOLed since October 2009):
removal of the different 1.5 jre and jdk vendors
Removing outdated jdk16 vendors:
removing all the bsdjava and freebsd vendors, consider using openjdk6 or
Discussed with: java (glarkin)
|27 Oct 2012 06:56:11
java 1.5 (aka 5.0) is EOLed since October 2009 
java/jdk16 is outdated with security issues consider using java/openjdk6 
java/jmp is java 1.5 only
Approved by: java (glewis)  \
Ronald Klop <email@example.com> (maintainer) 
Feature safe: yes
|17 Feb 2011 22:48:52
Unpack files more reliably.
|17 Feb 2011 19:57:38
Update to Update 22.
|19 Mar 2009 17:28:51
Welcome to the new linux ports infrastructure which allows using
both current (fc4) and future linux (f8) distributions at one
The patch contains full changes to ports/Mk files and all ports involved.
But only infrastructure is changed. The resulting packages are the same as
before. Hence no need to bump PORTREVISIONs.
The idea was taken from bsd.gnome.mk and others.
More than 130 ports are switched to follow a new linux infrastructure
introduced by changes to bsd.port.mk, bsd.linux-rpm.mk and a new
Thanks for all who was involved and helped me with this work.
And help from Alexander Leidinger was incredible.
Other changes are coming. Stay tuned!
Submitted by: bsam (me)
Exp-run by: portmgr (pav)
|05 Jan 2009 20:36:33
- Remove conditional checks for FreeBSD 5.x and older
|26 Oct 2007 20:46:12
Adding a port of the Sun Java Runtime Environment 1.5 for Linux.
Approved by: glewis (mentor)
Number of commits found: 7