- ghc810 Compiler for the functional language Haskell
- 8.10.7 lang =0 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: haskell@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2022-07-07 10:31:24
- Last Update: 2022-08-01 09:38:54
- Commit Hash: 90e26bb
- Also Listed In: haskell
- License: BSD3CLAUSE
- The Glasgow Haskell Compiler is a state-of-the-art, open source, compiler and
interactive environment for the functional language Haskell. Highlights:
* Supports the entire Haskell 2010 language plus a wide variety of
* Has particularly good support for concurrency and parallelism, including
support for Software Transactional Memory (STM).
* Generates fast code, particularly for concurrent programs.
* Works on several platforms including FreeBSD, Windows, Mac, Linux, most
varieties of Unix, and several different processor architectures.
* Has extensive optimisation capabilities, including inter-module optimisation.
* Compiles Haskell code either directly to native code or using LLVM as a
back-end. It can also generate C code as an intermediate target for porting
to new platforms. The interactive environment compiles Haskell to bytecode,
and supports execution of mixed bytecode/compiled programs.
* Profiling is supported, both by time/allocation and various kinds of heap
* Comes with several libraries, and thousands more are available on Hackage.
- – – – –
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/lang/ghc810/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install lang/ghc810
- pkg install ghc810
- PKGNAME: ghc810
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- ONLY_FOR_ARCHS: aarch64 amd64 armv6 armv7 i386
- TIMESTAMP = 1653682073
SHA256 (ghc-9.2.4-src.tar.xz) = 15213888064a0ec4e7723d075f31b87a678ce0851773d58b44ef7aa3de996458
SIZE (ghc-9.2.4-src.tar.xz) = 24632968
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: lang/ghc
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- python3.9 : lang/python39
- autoconf>=2.71 : devel/autoconf
- automake>=1.16.5 : devel/automake
- perl5>=5.32.r0<5.33 : lang/perl5.32
- Library dependencies:
- libgmp.so : math/gmp
- libffi.so : devel/libffi
- This port is required by:
- for Build
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for ghc810-8.10.7:
DYNAMIC=on: Add support for dynamic linking
PROFILE=on: Add support for performance profiling
====> Bootsrap using installed ghc
BOOT=off: Use installed GHC for bootstrapping
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- autoreconf compiler:c11 gmake iconv:patch,translit localbase:ldflags ncurses perl5 python:build shebangfix tar:xz
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
- There is no master site for this port.
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: lang/ghc|
01 Aug 2022 09:38:54
|Gleb Popov (arrowd)
lang/ghc: Update to 9.2.4
Deal with Haskell ports fallout caused by the update.
While there, re-add patches necessary for lang/ghc810 that were somehow lost.
07 Jul 2022 10:24:40
|Gleb Popov (arrowd)
lang/ghc810: Add the port, slave to lang/ghc.
The need to have different GHC versions installed on the same system became
more common in the Haskell ecosystem. The devel/stack port solves this problem
by installing its own distributions into the user's HOME dir. Cabal doesn't do
that, but uses system-wide GHC installations. This slave port is intended to
help for such use cases.
This port can also be used as a fallback during major lang/ghc upgrades. At
the moment such upgrades require a lot of work to deal with Haskell packages
fallout. By switching failing ports to older GHC we can deliver lang/ghc