- ocaml-nox11 Objective Caml compiler and programming environment
- 4.05.0_1 lang =8 4.05.0_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port Added: 2004-02-27 13:07:46
- Last Update: 2021-04-06 14:31:07
- Commit Hash: 305f148
- People watching this port, also watch:: freetype2, libxml2, gmake, libiconv, gettext
- License: QPL10 LGPL20
- Objective Caml is an implementation of the ML language, based on
the Caml Light dialect extended with a complete class-based object system
and a powerful module system in the style of Standard ML.
Objective Caml comprises two compilers. One generates bytecode
which is then interpreted by a C program. This compiler runs quickly,
generates compact code with moderate memory requirements, and is
portable to essentially any 32 or 64 bit Unix platform. Performance of
generated programs is quite good for a bytecoded implementation:
almost twice as fast as Caml Light 0.7. This compiler can be used
either as a standalone, batch-oriented compiler that produces
standalone programs, or as an interactive, toplevel-based system.
The other compiler generates high-performance native code for a number
of processors. Compilation takes longer and generates bigger code, but
the generated programs deliver excellent performance, while retaining
the moderate memory requirements of the bytecode compiler.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/lang/ocaml-nox11/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install lang/ocaml-nox11
- pkg install ocaml-nox11
- PKGNAME: ocaml-nox11
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1532851883
SHA256 (ocaml-4.05.0.tar.xz) = 04a527ba14b4d7d1b2ea7b2ae21aefecfa8d304399db94f35a96df1459e02ef9
SIZE (ocaml-4.05.0.tar.xz) = 2442036
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: lang/ocaml
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- as : devel/binutils
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- Runtime dependencies:
- as : devel/binutils
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for ocaml-nox11-4.05.0_1:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
THREADS=on: Threading support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- cpe compiler:c11 gmake tar:xz
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: lang/ocaml|
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|26 Jul 2019 22:13:24
lang/ocaml-nox11: unbreak on powerpc64
Builds fine on powerpc64.
Approved by: mentors (implicit approval)
|29 Apr 2017 05:44:25
Provide more descriptive error messages for ports failing on powerpc64.
Approved by: portmgr (tier-2 blanket)
|21 Apr 2016 16:43:15
many ports: mark broken on powerpc64
|15 Jul 2014 03:42:51
Approved by: portmgr@ (blanket)
|20 Sep 2013 19:53:10
Add NO_STAGE all over the place in preparation for the staging support (cat:
|10 Aug 2013 23:05:33
lang/ocaml-nox11: Fix package origin
lang/ocaml-nox11 port produces a package with the exact same name as
lang/ocaml because they have a common Makefile. However, by defining the
SFX variable before including it, ocaml-nox11 package name will receive
a suffix. This fixes an origin conflict seen on poudriere.
The new base package name will be ocaml-nox11
Approved by: bapt/culot (mentors, implicit), maintainer timeout
|28 Jun 2013 21:35:14
Unbreak ocaml-nox11 after PORT_OPTIONS conversion
|10 Jun 2011 16:20:47
Over to new volunteer
Submitted by: Michael Grunewald <email@example.com> (new
maintainer by mail)
|14 Jun 2006 21:38:09
Reset firstname.lastname@example.org due to 6 months of inactivity, no response to
email, and various maintainer-timeouts.
|27 Jun 2005 14:10:30
Conflicts with metaocaml.
|04 Jun 2005 22:22:20
Submitted by: Marwan Burelle <marwan.burelle (at) lri.fr>
|27 Feb 2004 07:48:50
Add ocaml-nox11, a slave port for lang/ocaml without X11
Submitted by: Eugene Ossintsev <email@example.com>