- libgmp-freebsd A library for arbitrary precision arithmetic
- 2001.08.07 math
=5 2001.08.07Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- DEPRECATED: "superseded by math/libgmp4"
IGNORE: "is in the base system"
- There is no maintainer for this port.
- Any concerns regarding this port should be directed to the FreeBSD Ports mailing list via ports@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2003-02-20 22:57:16
- Last Update: 2004-07-02 09:52:41
- SVN Revision: UNKNOWN
- People watching this port, also watch:: Hermes, python
- License: not specified in port
- GNU MP is a library for arbitrary precision arithmetic, operating on signed
integers, rational numbers, and floating point numbers. It has a rich set
of functions, and the functions have a regular interface.
GNU MP is designed to be as fast as possible, both for small operands and for
huge operands. The speed is achieved by using fullwords as the basic
arithmetic type, by using fast algorithms, by carefully optimized assembly
code for the most common inner loops for a lots of CPUs, and by a general
emphasis on speed (instead of simplicity or elegance).
The speed of GNU MP is believed to be faster than any other similar library.
The advantage for GNU MP increases with the operand sizes for certain
operations, since GNU MP in many cases has asymptotically faster algorithms.
Note: This package contains version the the library just before it was
removed from the FreeBSD base system (5-CURRENT, mid-August 2001) and it is
provided solely for compatibility with packages that require it.
cgit ¦ GitHub ¦ GitHub ¦ GitLab ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- There is no distinfo for this port.
No package information for this port in our database
- Sometimes this happens. Not all ports have packages.
- This port has no dependencies.
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
02 Jul 2004 09:52:41
Remove expired port, it's superseded by math/libgmp4.
Reminded by: marius
02 Jun 2004 17:18:49
Mark DEPRECATED, libgmp-freebsd is no longer used by any FreeBSD port
and is superseded by math/libgmp4. Other than libgmp-freebsd, libgmp4
builds on the main architectures supported by FreeBSD and is backwards-
compatible to the former. Therefore libgmp4 should be used by new ports
Set EXPIRATION_DATE arbitrarily to 2004-07-01.
Submitted by: marius
06 Feb 2004 11:17:41
Noticed by: kris
Approved by: nork (mentor/implicitly)
29 Jan 2004 16:13:06
04 Aug 2003 12:59:02
Partially fix the build on -CURRENT (still doesn't build with GCC-3.3.1).
Urged by: kris
19 Jul 2003 06:37:28
Fix compile on -CURRENT. Linker is still broken due to broken *mk.
01 Jul 2003 09:50:03
- add CONFLICTS
- build only for alpha and i386
sparc64: may compile with some fixes, but has bugs in the assembly code
Submitted by: Marius Strobl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
20 Feb 2003 18:42:25