- openhab Vendor and technology agnostic open source smart-home software
- 3.1.0_1 misc =0 3.1.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: netchild@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2021-06-20 09:09:34
- Last Update: 2021-09-02 15:19:14
- Commit Hash: ec8407c
- Also Listed In: java
- License: EPL
- openHAB is a software for integrating different home automation systems and
technologies into one single solution that allows over-arching automation
rules and that offers uniform user interfaces.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/misc/openhab/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install misc/openhab
- pkg install openhab
- PKGNAME: openhab
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1624868106
SHA256 (openhab-3.1.0.zip) = d4a4088adc72baf574715ddba0f25f16f3965cd35a69aadc53ca6b8f01b6f0ec
SIZE (openhab-3.1.0.zip) = 99220224
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- java : java/openjdk11
- This port is required by:
- for Run
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- cpe zip
- If installing:
- The openhab user interface writes to /var/db/openhab
(config) and to /usr/local/etc/openhab (when installing add-onds).
The config in /usr/local/etc/openhab is evaluated additionally to
See /usr/local/etc/rc.d/openhab for environment variables you need
to set by hand (all "export"-ones) if you want to execute some of
the openhab commands from the shell directly.
When the openhab docs talk about "userdata", look into /var/db/openhab.
Serial ports do not work with FreeBSD, see:
By default openhab tries to use IPv6. As FreeBSD does not support
mapping IPV4 multicast addresses inside IPv6 addresses you will get
the following error message:
[ERROR] [org.jupnp.transport.Router] - Unable to initialize network router: org.jupnp.transport.spi.InitializationException: Could not initialize MulticastReceiverImpl: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
A workaround is to use the following rc.conf setting which will
prefer IPv4 over IPv6:
If you upgrade from a pevious version, make a backup of
and read about the breaking changes in the release notes at
- Master Sites:
|Notes from UPDATING
- These upgrade notes are taken from /usr/ports/UPDATING
Affects: users of misc/openhab
You need to run
sed -i -e 's:^karaf.framework.equinox=.*:karaf.framework.equinox=mvn\:org.eclipse.platform/org.eclipse.osgi/3.16.200: ; s:^karaf.framework.felix=.*:karaf.framework.felix=mvn\:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.framework/6.0.4:' /var/db/openhab/userdata/etc/config.properties
to update the version numbers of some components in a config file.
Number of commits found: 5
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|02 Sep 2021 15:19:14
misc/openhab: Add CPE information
Approved by: portmgr (blanket)
|21 Jul 2021 09:56:39
misc/openhab: cd to '/' on start
/root may have the rights "o=", which will result in issues on start.
Adapt the command line arguments to daemon(8) to cd to /.
Reported by: Sandro Wirth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tested by: Sandro Wirth <email@example.com>
|28 Jun 2021 09:14:05
misc/openhab: update to 3.1.0
Release notes: https://www.openhab.org/blog/2021-06-28-openhab-3-1-release.html
|20 Jun 2021 14:52:03
misc/openhab*: fix wrong openhab v3 repo-copy
|20 Jun 2021 09:06:12
misc/openhab: new v3 based upon copy from openhab2
- copy openhab2* to openhab (follow upstream)
- update to 3.0.2
- remove update script (no auto migration from v2, scrip may come back
later, if needed)
- use openhab instead openhabvX directories (follow upstream)
- use openjdk 11 (new requirement)
- add UPDATING entry for users which may want to switch to v3
Number of commits found: 5