- universal-media-server Universal Media Server
- 4.0.0_1 multimedia
=0 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- BROKEN: RC script broken, especially prestart target
DEPRECATED: "RC script broken, especially prestart target"
This port expired on: 2015-01-16
IGNORE: is marked as broken: RC script broken, especially prestart target
- Maintainer: email@example.com
- Port Added: 2014-07-12 15:22:11
- Last Update: 2015-01-17 10:27:46
- SVN Revision: 377217
- Also Listed In: java
- License: GPLv2
- Universal Media Server (UMS) is a feature-rich DLNA/UPnP home media
server, with good support for client devices.
A popular fork / successor of PS3 Media Server. UMS is Java-based.
The program streams or transcodes with little or no configuration.
Powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more,
which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats.
All the missing transcoder dependancies CAN be installed seperately.
NOT needed to re-build this port from scratch to select options.
Please read: 'files/pkg-message.in' in the port directory for more
information about how to best install these missing dependancies.
See also: http://www.universalmediaserver.com/
cgit ¦ GitHub ¦ GitHub ¦ GitLab ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- PKGNAME: universal-media-server
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- There is no distinfo for this port.
- No package information for this port in our database
- Sometimes this happens. Not all ports have packages.
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- dcraw : graphics/dcraw
- flac : audio/flac
- java : java/openjdk7
- Library dependencies:
- libmediainfo.so : multimedia/mediainfo
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for universal-media-server-4.0.0_1:
DCRAW=on: Better support when viewing photos / still images
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
FFMPEG=off: FFmpeg support (WMA, AIFF, AC3, APE...)
FLAC=on: FLAC lossless audio codec support
MEDIAINFO=on: Metadata information about video & audio files
MENCODER=off: Transcoder (license Restricted). Not in pkgng
MPLAYER=off: Transcoder. Pulls in X11 libs
TSMUXER=off: To remux streams as TS/M2TS. Requires linux_base
VLC=off: Videolan.org binary 'vlc'. For live web streaming
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
17 Jan 2015 10:27:46
Remove expired ports:
2015-01-13 x11/rxvt-devel: No longer developed nor maintained and deprecated by
x11/xvt and x11/rxvt-unicode
2015-01-15 comms/spandsp-devel: Use newer comms/spandsp
2015-01-16 multimedia/universal-media-server: "RC script broken, especially
07 Dec 2014 19:28:19
Give this a proper DEPRECATED line.
Obtained from: portsmon
31 Oct 2014 23:28:34
16 Oct 2014 14:13:37
multimedia/universal-media-server: set EXPIRATION_DATE to 2015-01-16
- The port is badly broken and its maintainer has no interest in fixing
it despite offered help. It cant be fixed without deep knowledge of the
software and therefore it cant be fixed without maintainer's help
Approved by: marino (mentor)
07 Sep 2014 11:37:44
multimedia/universal-media-server: partially fix, but mark BROKEN
This port has had issues every since it was introduced, but the previous
commit actually made them worse. This commit fixes the problems that were
introduced then, but the RC script is currently non-functional.
The maintainer has not been responding to repeated requests for help to
fix the RC script, so I'm going to commit the fixes we have and mark the
port broken now (as I was tempted to do over a month ago).
18 Aug 2014 16:43:25
- Move RESETPREFIX to default PLIST_SUB
With hat: portmgr
02 Aug 2014 19:01:04
multimedia/universal-media-server: update 4.0.0-b1 -> 4.0.0
- Fix DISTFILES usage
- Add java category
- Add RESETPREFIX for /var located files
- Fix pkg-plist
Submitted by: Dreamcat4 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Approved by: swills (mentor)
16 Jul 2014 03:00:46
Add DOCS option for ports with PORTDOCS in plist.
14 Jul 2014 21:08:14
multimedia/universal-media-server: 4.0.0-a1 -> 4.0.0-b1
Submitted by: email@example.com (maintainer)
12 Jul 2014 15:22:01
multimedia/universal-media-server: new port
DLNA/UPnP home media server
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org