- scli Simple terminal user interface for the Signal messenger (using signal-cli)
- 0.6.2 net-im =0 0.4.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: 0mp@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2020-08-11 11:27:38
- Last Update: 2021-05-16 19:58:55
- Commit Hash: d6c9ad1
- Also Listed In: python
- License: GPLv3
- scli is a simple TUI (terminal user interface) for Signal, the messaging
platform. It relies on signal-cli to connect to Signal services and urwid.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/net-im/scli/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install net-im/scli
- pkg install scli
- PKGNAME: scli
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1621195059
SHA256 (isamert-scli-v0.6.2_GH0.tar.gz) = cb7d3b52f5b90ab3d6fb801831c28f5f7ebfcd9018c032dbe8594a80c123669f
SIZE (isamert-scli-v0.6.2_GH0.tar.gz) = 139304
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- py38-urwid-readline>=0 : devel/py-urwid-readline@py38
- py38-urwid>=0 : devel/py-urwid@py38
- dbus>=0 : devel/dbus
- signal-cli>=0.6.8_1 : net-im/signal-cli
- py38-pyqrcode>=0 : graphics/py-pyqrcode@py38
- python3.8 : lang/python38
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for scli-0.6.2:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
LINKING=on: Linking support for the --link flag
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- python:run,3.7+ shebangfix
- If installing:
- Sometimes, scli does not show the contact list immediately (e.g., after scli
was not closed by issuing ":quit" but by sending SIGINT instead). In such a
situation, it might be necessary to refresh scli by issuing ":reload".
In case it is not enough, the following instructions explain how to clean up
existing scli and signal-cli files and start again:
1. Remove ~/.local/share/scli and ~/.local/share/signal-cli.
2. Register (or link) the machine again with signal-cli.
3. Start scli and let it run for a couple of seconds (so that the signal-cli
daemon can synchronize with the Signal servers).
4. Issue a ":reload" command in the scli prompt.
The contact list should now be visible.
- Master Sites: