- dual-dhclient-daemon Spawns dhclients for a dual-stack network
- 0.1 net =0 0.1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: cperciva@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2019-10-02 21:31:41
- Last Update: 2019-11-25 23:25:52
- SVN Revision: 518434
- License: PD
- This port provides a daemon which spawns both /sbin/dhclient and
/usr/local/sbin/dhclient -6; this simplifies the configuration needed to
run DHCP on both protocols of a dual-stack network.
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/net/dual-dhclient-daemon/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install dual-dhclient-daemon
- PKGNAME: dual-dhclient-daemon
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1569319837
SHA256 (cperciva-dual-dhclient-0.1_GH0.tar.gz) = 48a6a70086f2a3610ec1d2d7dee2b725fbc4e96ae0961fac1499b3c7953be581
SIZE (cperciva-dual-dhclient-0.1_GH0.tar.gz) = 1648
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- dhclient : net/isc-dhcp44-client
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options
- No options to configure
- If installing:
- To enable dual-stack DHCP, set
in /etc/rc.conf (and make sure the appropriate ifconfig_* lines include
DHCP or SYNCDHCP).
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 2
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|25 Nov 2019 23:25:52
Fix build with src r354909 applied.
The referenced change made NO_INSTALLLIB, NO_MAN, and NO_PROFILE into
errors causing these ports that declare them and use the FreeBSD make
infrastructure as part of their build to fail.
When the offending variables occur in a BSD Makefile, NO_MAN becomes
MAN= and NO_INSTALLLIB and NO_PROFILE become MK_INSTALLLIB=no and
MK_PROFILE=no respectively. When declared in the environment they
|02 Oct 2019 21:31:35
Add net/dual-dhclient-daemon port.
This serves the same purpose as net/dual-dhclient, but does it
better: While net/dual-dhclient is a trivial shell script which
launches two dhclients, this is a daemon which
(a) can be signalled by /etc/rc.d/dhclient stop, and
(b) relays that signal to the two "child" dhclient daemons.
This is deliberately not replacing the net/dual-dhclient port
since in the unlikely event that something is broken I don't
want to see pkg automatically upgrading people; but EC2 AMIs
will be making use of this new port and I intend to remove the
old dual-dhclient port at some point.
Number of commits found: 2
9 vulnerabilities affecting 54 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new