- freeradius-mysql A free RADIUS server implementation with MySQL support
- 1.1.8_5 net
=1 1.1.8_5Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- DEPRECATED: No longer maintained/supported. Please move to net/freeradius2 for 2.x
This port expired on: 2013-02-01
- Maintainer: zi@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2007-03-28 16:25:32
- Last Update: 2013-02-04 13:04:39
- SVN Revision: 311610
- People watching this port, also watch:: mtop, dovecot, pure-ftpd, tcpdump
- License: GPLv2
- FreeRADIUS is the premiere open source RADIUS server. Based on current
statistics, there are over 50,000 deployments of the software. These
deployments include small sites with 10 users, large-scale enterprises with
tens of thousands of users, and carrier-class deployments with over 10 million
users. In total, the sites that we know are using FreeRADIUS support nearly
100 million users. The only other servers that come close in terms of market
share and/or number of sites are ACS and IAS.
The server scales easily from embedded systems with small amounts of memory to
systems with millions of users. It is fast, flexible, configurable, and
supports more authentication protocols than most commercial servers. It
includes support for SQL, LDAP, RADIUS Proxying, failover, load balancing, and
nearly 100 vendor dictionary files. It can perform authentications via the
PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, EAP-MD5, EAP-GTC, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAPv0, LEAP,
EAP-SIM, and Digest authentication protocols. It has reached a stable 1.1
version, with incremental improvements added in each release.
The server is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL), which means
that it is free to download and install.
- SVNWeb :
git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- PKGNAME: freeradius-mysql
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- There is no distinfo for this port.
- No package information for this port in our database
- Sometimes this happens. Not all ports have packages.
- Master port: net/freeradius
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gmake : devel/gmake
- perl5.12.4 : lang/perl5.12
- autoconf-2.69 : devel/autoconf
- libtool>=2.4 : devel/libtool
- Runtime dependencies:
- perl5.12.4 : lang/perl5.12
- Library dependencies:
- gdbm : databases/gdbm
- mysqlclient.14 : databases/mysql41-client
- ltdl.7 : devel/libltdl
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for freeradius-mysql-1.1.8_5:
KERBEROS=off: With Kerberos support
HEIMDAL=off: With Heimdal Kerberos support
LDAP=off: With LDAP database support
PGSQL=off: With PostgreSQL database support
UNIXODBC=off: With unixODBC database support
FIREBIRD=off: With Firebird database support (EXPERIMENTAL)
SNMP=off: With SNMP support
EDIR=off: With Novell eDirectory support
NOPERL=off: Do not require perl (use only if necessary)
EXPERIMENTAL=off: Build experimental modules
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: net/freeradius|
|04 Feb 2013 13:04:39
- Remove deprecated ports
- Update MOVED
|15 Jul 2011 21:15:29
Update my email address on the ports I maintain.
Approved by: wxs@ (mentor)
|02 Dec 2010 00:11:55
Over to maintainer of the rest of the freeradius ports; old maintainer
has not had time for them for a while.
|28 Mar 2007 16:24:36
Add freeradius-mysql , a free RADIUS server implementation with MySQL
Submitted by: David Wood <david at wood2.org.uk>