- multicat Simple and efficient multicast and transport stream manipulation
- 2.3 net =0 2.3Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port Added: 2016-10-24 12:37:48
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- Also Listed In: multimedia
- License: GPLv2+
- multicat is a 1 input/1 output application. Inputs and outputs can
be network streams (unicast and multicast), files, directories,
character devices or FIFOs. It is thought to be a multicast equivalent
of the popular netcat tool. Typical applications are recording live
transport streams, or playing out TS files without modification.
Also it is able to record a continuous stream into a directory,
rotate the files periodically, and make seamless extracts from it.
Multicat tries to rebuild the internal clock of the input stream;
but it wants to remain agnostic of what is transported, so in case
of files the said clock is stored to an auxiliary file (example.aux
accompanies example.ts) while recording. Other inputs are considered
"live", and the input clock is simply derived from the reception
time of the packets.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/net/multicat/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install net/multicat
- pkg install multicat
- PKGNAME: multicat
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1573810897
SHA256 (multicat-2.3.tar.bz2) = 2be162e9e8b2e6f6aa7686431f102db6c72c8288bd82dbc67ffed631f4a3361e
SIZE (multicat-2.3.tar.bz2) = 37307
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- ts.h : multimedia/bitstream
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for multicat-2.3:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- localbase tar:bzip2
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
07 Apr 2021 23:19:01
|Dmitry Marakasov (amdmi3)
Remove useless Created by: headers mentioning me
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
04 May 2020 23:03:41
net/multicat: Update to 2.3, new maintainer
- pkg-descr: WWW: changed to https://
- Makefile ordering: PORTDOCS and PKG_PLIST swapped (portclippy suggestion)
- extra patch of the file "patch" successfully ignored :-)
- set MAINTAINER (was unmaintained)
Submitted by: Michael Muenz <email@example.com> (new maintainer)
06 Jan 2020 03:10:13
net/multicat: Not broken
Erroneously labeled as BROKEN/unfetchable in rev.522132,
which may have been made during a period of intermittent connectivity problems.
05 Jan 2020 10:26:04
Mark a few ports broken (unfetchable)
29 Jul 2019 18:41:45
- Drop maintainership
06 Feb 2017 17:47:06
- Update to 2.2
13 Jan 2017 09:22:25
- Try to fix build on DragonFly
24 Oct 2016 12:37:41
- Oops, move multicat to correct category