- eccodes ECMWF API for WMO FM-92 GRIB and FM-94 BUFR messages
- 2.23.0 science =0 2.22.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: sunpoet@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2018-06-28 21:18:23
- Last Update: 2021-09-21 22:23:22
- Commit Hash: 3916399
- License: APACHE20
- ecCodes is a package developed by ECMWF which provides an application
programming interface and a set of tools for decoding and encoding messages in
the following formats:
- WMO FM-92 GRIB edition 1 and edition 2
- WMO FM-94 BUFR edition 3 and edition 4
- WMO GTS abbreviated header (only decoding).
A useful set of command line tools provide quick access to the messages. C,
Fortran 90 and Python interfaces provide access to the main ecCodes
ecCodes is an evolution of GRIB-API. It is designed to provide the user with a
simple set of functions to access data from several formats with a key/value
For GRIB encoding and decoding, the GRIB-API functionality is provided fully in
ecCodes with only minor interface and behaviour changes. Interfaces for C,
Fortran 90 and Python are all maintained as in GRIB-API. However, the GRIB-API
Fortran 77 interface is no longer available.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via: