- cvechecker Check CVE database for vulnerabilities affecting installed packages
- 3.9 security =0 3.9Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: se@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2017-10-12 11:00:57
- Last Update: 2021-04-06 14:31:07
- Commit Hash: 305f148
- License: GPLv3
The goal of cvechecker is to report about possible vulnerabilities on your
system, by scanning a list of installed software and matching results with
the CVE database.
This is not a bullet-proof method and you may have many false positives (ie:
vulnerability is fixed with a revision-release, but the tool isn't able to
detect the revision itself), yet it is still better than nothing, especially
if you are running a distribution with little security coverage.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/security/cvechecker/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install security/cvechecker
- pkg install cvechecker
- PKGNAME: cvechecker
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1536581491
SHA256 (sjvermeu-cvechecker-v3.9_GH0.tar.gz) = a8c05be9e81533bd1b9441fe1a38e54d2939123af7c5d933bac28cb51d41dc27
SIZE (sjvermeu-cvechecker-v3.9_GH0.tar.gz) = 3329468
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- autoconf>=2.69 : devel/autoconf
- automake>=1.16.1 : devel/automake
- Runtime dependencies:
- bash : shells/bash
- Library dependencies:
- libargp.so : devel/argp-standalone
- libconfig.so : devel/libconfig
- libsqlite3.so : databases/sqlite3
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for cvechecker-3.9:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
====> CVE Database: you have to choose at least one of them
MYSQL=off: MySQL database support
SQLITE=on: SQLite database support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- autoreconf pkgconfig shebangfix sqlite
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 8
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|10 Sep 2018 13:14:52
Add DOCS options to ports that should have one.
Also various fixes related to said option.
Submitted by: mat
exp-runs by: antoine
|10 Sep 2018 12:24:31
Upgrade to version 3.9.
Approved by: antoine (implicit)
|06 Aug 2018 17:22:37
devel/libconfig: update to 1.7.2
* Change to USE_GH
* Bump PORTREVISION of dependant ports.
Committing after maintainer timeout
Submitted by: email@example.com
Approved by: tcberner (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D16442
|17 Oct 2017 13:38:34
Use "fetch" instead of "wget" to download CVE information.
Reported by: Lars Engels (lars.engels at 0x20.net)
|12 Oct 2017 17:55:01
Regular USE_GITHUB cleanup.
Sponsored by: Absolight
|12 Oct 2017 11:04:08
Add post release patch (will become obsolete with next release).
|12 Oct 2017 11:00:50
Check installed packages for vulnerabilities recorded in the CVE database.
Approved by: antoine (mentor)
Number of commits found: 8