- obfs4proxy-tor Pluggable transport proxy for Tor (obfs4, The Obfuscator)
- 0.0.11_2 security =2 0.0.11_2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: egypcio@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2017-12-22 15:34:01
- Last Update: 2021-04-09 18:44:23
- Commit Hash: 911f042
- People watching this port, also watch:: dsbmc, i3, rtorrent, irssi, porttools
- Also Listed In: net
- License: BSD3CLAUSE
- obfs4 (a.k.a. The Obfuscator) is a transport with the same features as
ScrambleSuit but utilizing Dan Bernstein's elligator2 technique for public
key obfuscation, and the ntor protocol for one-way authentication.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/security/obfs4proxy-tor/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install security/obfs4proxy-tor
- pkg install obfs4proxy-tor
- PKGNAME: obfs4proxy-tor
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1617892099
SHA256 (obfs4proxy-0.0.11.tar.xz) = 8aa777a7ae17610dd3028379b249aae24a8d964cfe9fe7486120efe6d676fd3b
SIZE (obfs4proxy-0.0.11.tar.xz) = 70952
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- go : lang/go
- This port is required by:
- for Run
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- cpe go:modules tar:xz
- If installing:
- To use obfs4 as a Bridge Client, please add the following configuration
to your 'torrc' config file:
# Enable obfs4proxy as Client
ClientTransportPlugin obfs4 exec /usr/local/bin/obfs4proxy
To use obfs4 as a Pluggable Transport in your Tor Bridge server, use the
following configurations in your 'torrc' config file:
# Enable obfs4proxy as Server
ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec /usr/local/bin/obfs4proxy
# Enable Extended ORPort
## (Optional) Listen on the specified IP:PORT
# ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 0.0.0.0:443
obfs4proxy is backwards-compatible with obfs2 and obfs3 either in client or
server mode. If you want to use it like this, please adjust your 'torrc'
config file to fit your needs. It's compatible with ScrambleSuit in client mode.
For more information, please consult the official wiki page at
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|09 Apr 2021 18:44:23
Regenerate all distfiles using gitlab as source.
This regeneration is required as the new gitlab version changed
the address and the directory the source files can be downloaded.
This commit also applies some small fixes to make sure all ports using
gitlab are buildable.
Reviewed by: mat
Approved by: portmgr
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D29628
|07 Apr 2021 08:09:01
One more small cleanup, forgotten yesterday.
Reported by: lwhsu
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|17 Oct 2020 07:09:32
security/obfs4proxy-tor: update core dependency, goptlib
while here, also:
- update golang's libs
- update "utls" lib from yawning's obfs4proxy-0.0.11 branch (GitLab)
Sponsored by: TorBSD Diversity Project (TDP)
Sponsored by: The Tor Project
|16 Nov 2019 12:52:40
Bump PORTREVISION after r517743 to force relinking.
Approved by: araujo (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D21854
|09 Oct 2019 12:20:31
Drop the ipv6 virtual category for s* category as it is not relevant anymore
|29 Sep 2019 22:31:58
Go ports: cleanup, finish transition to USES=go started with r505321 (cat.
- Remove custom build/install targets left in place after r505321
- Switch to the new GO_TARGET tuple syntax introduced in r512001
- Switch to go:modules when upstream already uses them
Reviewed by: tobik
Approved by: araujo (mentor), portmgr (adamw)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D21743
|14 Aug 2019 12:16:13
Convert to UCL & cleanup pkg-message (categories s)
|24 Jun 2019 10:45:05
security/obfs4proxy-tor: update 0.0.10 to 0.0.11
Approved by: mentors (implicit)
|03 May 2019 13:58:34
Fix the a ports that were broken but did not know it.
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D20140
|17 Apr 2019 11:58:07
security/obfs4proxy-tor: update 0.0.9 to 0.0.10
Approved by: araujo (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19890
|15 Feb 2019 13:18:00
security/obfs4proxy-tor: update 0.0.7_1 to 0.0.9
Approved by: rene (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19021
|05 Dec 2018 14:09:12
use @FreeBSD.org as MAINTAINER instead of my private address
irc/weechat-otr(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|04 Mar 2018 23:14:00
Made 10 Go ports respect MAKE_ENV. This is expected to unbreak them.
www/go-appengine-sdk devel/go-bindata devel/gogs net/rclone
misc/cryptoballot www/grafana4 sysutils/epazote net-mgmt/prometheus1
While here, corrected PYTHON_CMD in www/go-appengine-sdk/Makefile.
Approved by: tcberner (mentor, implicit)
Approved by: portmgr (port compliance, infrastructure)
|17 Jan 2018 23:29:55
security/obfs4proxy-tor: Update pkg-message
Update pkg-message to reflect obfs4's man page, obfs4 works only as managed
pluggable transport spawned as a helper process via the tor daemon, and needs
no extra options to operate in such mode.
Also fix a typo and a white space.
Submitted by: Vinicius Zavam <firstname.lastname@example.org> (maintainer)
|22 Dec 2017 15:33:50
New port: security/obfs4proxy-tor: Pluggable transport proxy for Tor (obfs4, The
Submitted by: Vinicius Zavam <email@example.com>
Approved by: adamw (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12524