- sshguard-pf Protect hosts from brute force attacks against ssh and other services
- 2.0.0 security
=11 2.0.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: email@example.com
- Port Added: 2007-06-12 20:15:11
- Last Update: 2017-07-20 15:40:51
- SVN Revision: 446264
- People watching this port, also watch:: nmap, subversion, smartmontools, zip, curl
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- Sshguard monitors services from their logging activity. It reacts to messages
about dangerous activity by blocking the source address with the local firewall.
Sshguard employs a clever parser that can recognize several logging formats at
once transparently (syslog, syslog-ng, metalog, multilog, raw messages), and
detects attacks for many services out of the box, including SSH, FreeBSD's
ftpd and dovecot. It can operate all the major firewalling systems, including
PF, netfilter/iptables, and IPFIREWALL/ipfw.
Sshguard has several relevant features like support for IPv6, whitelisting,
suspension, log message authentication. It is reliable, easy to set up and
demands very few resources to the system.
- SVNWeb :
git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions: this port has been deleted.
- The package name of this deleted port was:
- PKGNAME: sshguard-pf
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1500391750
SHA256 (sshguard-2.0.0.tar.gz) = e87c6c4a6dddf06f440ea76464eb6197869c0293f0a60ffa51f8a6a0d7b0cb06
SIZE (sshguard-2.0.0.tar.gz) = 886995
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: security/sshguard
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- autoconf-2.69 : devel/autoconf
- autoheader-2.69 : devel/autoconf
- autoreconf-2.69 : devel/autoconf
- aclocal-1.15 : devel/automake
- automake-1.15 : devel/automake
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: security/sshguard|
|20 Jul 2017 15:40:51
These ports were not deleted with my previous commit as intended
|29 Aug 2016 19:55:47
security/sshguard: Unbreak build by making a metaport
security/sshguard no longer provides hosts/TCP Wrappers support by
default as this was removed upstream. It is now a metaport which will
allow you to select a backend. Further details can be found in the
|26 Jul 2015 15:04:34
portable do-nothing backend for applying detection but not prevention
|25 Apr 2014 16:59:09
Remove NO_STAGE from slaves.
|20 Sep 2013 22:55:26
Add NO_STAGE all over the place in preparation for the staging support (cat:
|26 Jul 2008 14:01:10
- Update CONFLICTS 
- portlint(1) fix
PR: ports/125977 (1)
Submitted by: Mij <mij AT bitchx.it> (maintainer)
|12 Jun 2007 22:13:32
Submitted by: sat@
|12 Jun 2007 22:06:41
PORTSDIRFix INDEX building. I had PORTSDIR defined in env so I didn't saw it
Submitted by: sat@
|12 Jun 2007 20:10:34
Add slave port sshguard-pf, protect networked hosts from brute force attacks
against ssh usinh pf
Submitted by: Mij <mij at bitchx.it>