- bash-static GNU Project's Bourne Again SHell
- 5.1.8 shells =2 5.1.4_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: ehaupt@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2009-01-23 15:35:07
- Last Update: 2021-04-06 14:31:07
- Commit Hash: 305f148
- People watching this port, also watch:: glib, dcc-dccd, screen, dovecot, bash
- License: GPLv3+
- This is GNU Bash. Bash is the GNU Project's Bourne Again SHell,
a complete implementation of the POSIX.2 shell spec, but also
with interactive command line editing, job control on architectures
that support it, csh-like features such as history substitution and
brace expansion, and a slew of other features.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/shells/bash-static/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install shells/bash-static
- pkg install bash-static
- PKGNAME: bash-static
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1620422724
SHA256 (bash/bash-5.1.tar.gz) = cc012bc860406dcf42f64431bcd3d2fa7560c02915a601aba9cd597a39329baa
SIZE (bash/bash-5.1.tar.gz) = 10458638
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: shells/bash
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- bison : devel/bison
- makeinfo : print/texinfo
- msgfmt : devel/gettext-tools
- as : devel/binutils
- Runtime dependencies:
- indexinfo : print/indexinfo
- Library dependencies:
- libintl.so : devel/gettext-runtime
- libreadline.so.8 : devel/readline
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for bash-static-5.1.8:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
FDESCFS=off: Enable use of /dev/fd
HELP=on: Enable builtin help
NLS=on: Native Language Support
PORTS_READLINE=on: libreadline from ports instead of bundled one
SYSBASHRC=off: Enable system-wide rc files
SYSLOG=off: Syslog logging support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- bison cpe iconv makeinfo pathfix localbase gettext readline
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: shells/bash|
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|28 Nov 2018 07:28:41
This port now builds on 13.0-CURRENT.
Reported by: Manfred Antar <firstname.lastname@example.org> (via mail)
|06 Nov 2018 20:22:07
Mark BROKEN on FreeBSD 13 while the problem is being investigated.
Notified by: pkg-fallout
|19 Feb 2015 15:59:55
Ports should not change their pkgname depending on options. Change the way how
the slave port is handled.
Submitted by: mat
|26 Dec 2013 10:06:20
Fix packaging, (the master port is now staged)
|20 Sep 2013 22:57:24
Add NO_STAGE all over the place in preparation for the staging support (cat:
|05 May 2013 08:39:31
Fix bash-static slave ports with bash being now using new options framework
|23 Jan 2009 15:34:47
Provide a meta port of bash-static for shells/bash in order to have packages
created by the build cluster.
Submitted by: ehaupt