- switchBashZsh Portable shell setup for Bash/Zsh across FreeBSD/Linux/Cygwin
- 1.3 shells =0 1.3Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port Added: 2020-09-25 06:00:16
- Last Update: 2021-04-20 18:42:39
- Commit Hash: e94c43b
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- You want your shell stuff to work the same way even when you use a
different shell, or even a different box. Right?
If you use switchBashZsh you can attain at least most of what you
desire, perhaps even all. You can log out of Bash and log in with Zsh
(or vice versa) - and your aliases/exports/functions will continue to
work as before.
It gets better - if someday you need to use a different box with a
different OS, you can get your shell to work your 'normal' way in a
jiffy. Just save your $HOME/.shell directory on your primary box, and
paste it over your second box's $HOME/.shell (after running
switchBashZsh setup script on the second box). The second box need
not be the same operating system - switchBashZsh works across
FreeBSD / Linux / Cygwin.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/shells/switchBashZsh/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install shells/switchBashZsh
- pkg install switchBashZsh
- PKGNAME: switchBashZsh
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1618909993
SHA256 (bourne-again-switchBashZsh-1.3_GH0.tar.gz) = 3f5b28d72965e72aa5fb6ece31eedc59fe96bf1ee18bef8a41842182871cdfde
SIZE (bourne-again-switchBashZsh-1.3_GH0.tar.gz) = 5954
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- Master Sites: