- crate Containerizer for FreeBSD (alpha-software, expect bugs)
- 0.1.3_2 sysutils =2 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: yuri@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2019-08-04 07:57:07
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- People watching this port, also watch:: vault, netdata, openjdk8, coreutils, zfs-stats
- Also Listed In: emulators
- License: BSD3CLAUSE
- crate is a FreeBSD containerizer utilizing FreeBSD jails.
crate can create the application container based on the description provided by
the user, and then runs this container any number of times as a monolithic
process, with all dependencies included in the container.
Containers can be useful in these scenarios:
* You can keep any version of your application, and it will always run later the
same way, regardless of what packages will be installed on your system.
* You can run a web browser from the crate container, and every time it will run
in the clean environment not allowing any tracking.
* You can run closed source applications, they will be isolated from the rest of
your system, and there will be no chance for them seeing your disks.
crate is in its alpha stage. Things might not work as expected!
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/sysutils/crate/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install sysutils/crate
- pkg install crate
- PKGNAME: crate
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1565507333
SHA256 (yurivict-crate-0.1.3_GH0.tar.gz) = cd7f2e1ffb7f120b70a39984e0d7ac991639b679f7f89e8bae8f61ab7fa3678f
SIZE (yurivict-crate-0.1.3_GH0.tar.gz) = 34076
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- rang>0 : devel/rang
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- Library dependencies:
- libyaml-cpp.so : devel/yaml-cpp
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for crate-0.1.3_2:
EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- compiler:c++17-lang pkgconfig
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
30 Sep 2021 21:23:30
|Rene Ladan (rene)
cleanup: drop support for EOL FreeBSD 11.X
Search criteria used:
- adridg: devel/qca-legacy
- jbeich: _WITH_DPRINTF, _WITH_GETLINE, GNU bfd workarounds
- sunpoet: security/p5-*OpenSSL*
Reviewed by: doceng, kde, multimedia, perl, python, ruby, rust
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D32008
Test Plan: make index
13 Jul 2021 09:07:26
|Guido Falsi (madpilot)
devel/yaml-cpp: Update to 0.7.0
- Patch cmake include to actually work
- Bump PORTREVISION on consumers, testing shows it is not completely
07 Apr 2021 08:09:01
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
One more small cleanup, forgotten yesterday.
Reported by: lwhsu
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
29 Dec 2019 01:17:41
sysutils/crate: Ignore on 11: getline isn't found there
Reported by: fallout
26 Sep 2019 21:31:46
- Update yaml-cpp to 0.6.3
- Removed TEST option since it fails to build. Disable tests
- Bump PORTREVISION on dependent ports. I've observed linker errors
on startup due to library changes
11 Aug 2019 07:39:31
sysutils/crate: Update 0.1.2 -> 0.1.3
Fixes 11.3 build.
Reported by: jbeich (11.3 breakage)
10 Aug 2019 18:39:43
sysutils/crate: Update 0.1.1 -> 0.1.2
09 Aug 2019 17:23:30
sysutils/crate: Improve the BROKEN statements; Add emulators to CATEGORIES
The BROKEN statement now is triggered by the presence of the STL's 'filesystem'
feature instead of the system version.
Submitted by: jbeich (patch for BROKEN statements)
08 Aug 2019 21:47:14
sysutils/crate: Fix the accidentally changed BROKEN statement.
Reported by: adamw
08 Aug 2019 21:04:30
sysutils/crate: Update 0.1 -> 0.1.1
(jbeich@, I will look into compatibility with other versions once I have time.)
04 Aug 2019 07:21:36
New port: sysutils/crate: Containerizer for FreeBSD