- hw-probe Probe for hardware, check operability, and find drivers
- 1.6.b2 sysutils =1 1.6.b2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: danfe@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2020-05-26 09:00:07
- Last Update: 2021-04-06 14:31:07
- Commit Hash: 305f148
- People watching this port, also watch:: p5-Net-Domain-TLD, py37-pycparser, php74-ldap, p5-CPAN-Meta-YAML, xerces-c3
- Also Listed In: perl5
- License: LGPL21+ BSD4CLAUSE
- A tool to check operability of computer hardware and upload result
to the online hardware database.
Probe is a snapshot of your computer hardware state and system
logs. The tool checks operability of devices by analysis of logs
and returns a permanent URL to view the probe of the computer.
The tool is intended to simplify collecting of logs necessary for
investigating hardware related problems. Just run one simple
command (requires superuser privileges) in the console to check
your hardware and collect all the system logs at once:
# hw-probe -all -upload
By creating probes you also contribute to the HDD/SSD reliability
test study (https://github.com/bsdhw/SMART).
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/sysutils/hw-probe/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install sysutils/hw-probe
- pkg install hw-probe
- PKGNAME: hw-probe
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1590737484
SHA256 (linuxhw-hw-probe-1.6-beta2-d1de28b_GH0.tar.gz) = 3a313ecf60f117a7bc453dc712c8a0d0c1bcefd7ee1dee50966397a1a80ebb2f
SIZE (linuxhw-hw-probe-1.6-beta2-d1de28b_GH0.tar.gz) = 143598
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- curl : ftp/curl
- hwstat : sysutils/hwstat
- smartctl : sysutils/smartmontools
- dmidecode : sysutils/dmidecode
- lscpu : sysutils/lscpu
- perl5>=5.32.r0<5.33 : lang/perl5.32
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for hw-probe-1.6.b2:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 3
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|29 May 2020 15:21:59
- Update to 1.6-beta2 (upstream reused the previous tag, so point
GH_TAGNAME to the particular commit) and augment CATEGORIES
- Now dual licensed under LGPL-2.1-or-later or BSD-4-clause
- Conditionally depend on ports which are only available on x86,
to make it usable on e.g. PowerPC (tested on Mac mini G4)
- Remove references to Linux and sudo(8) from the port description
per request from the upstream author
|26 May 2020 09:00:00
Add a tool to probe for hardware, check operability, and find drivers.
Number of commits found: 3