- libcpuid Small x86 CPU identification library
0.4.0 sysutils =1
- Maintainer: danfe@FreeBSD.org
Port Added: 18 Aug 2016 02:21:14
libcpuid is a small C library for x86 CPU detection and feature extraction.
Using it, you can:
- Get the processor vendor, model, brand string, code name, etc.
- Get information about CPU features such as: number of cores or logical
CPUs, cache sizes, CPU clock, etc.
- Check if the processor implements a specific instruction set such as
SSE2 or 3DNow!
- Execute the CPUID and RDTSC instructions in a portable way
- And have this all in your commercial application, without getting into
trouble, due to permissive license
Reference utility (rather advanced and useful on its own) is also provided.
WWW: http://libcpuid.sourceforge.net/SVNWeb : Homepage : PortsMon
Pseudo-pkg-plist information, but much better, from
To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/libcpuid/ && make install clean
To add the package:
pkg install libcpuid
ONLY_FOR_ARCHS: i386 amd64
TIMESTAMP = 1478998492
SHA256 (anrieff-libcpuid-v0.4.0_GH0.tar.gz) = 43427230cd9e86e25e5898b8e226c8af165085898795fd82d048d192c077ebfa
SIZE (anrieff-libcpuid-v0.4.0_GH0.tar.gz) = 124371
NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.Build dependencies:
- autoconf-2.69 : devel/autoconf
- autoheader-2.69 : devel/autoconf
- autoreconf-2.69 : devel/autoconf
- aclocal-1.15 : devel/automake
- automake-1.15 : devel/automake
- libtoolize : devel/libtool
This port is required by:for Libraries
* - deleted ports are only shown under the This port is required by section. It was harder to do for the Required section. Perhaps later...
===> The following configuration options are available for libcpuid-0.4.0:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
autoreconf libtool pathfix
Number of commits found: 3
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|20 Jan 2017 16:44:13
- Update `sysutils/libcpuid' to version 0.4.0
- Distribution file are now served off GitHub
- Chase shlib version bump in `sysutils/cpu-x'
Because GitHub releases (tarballs) are not fetched with correct modification
time, set TIMESTAMP to 1478998492 which corresponds to commit fa87a5e tagged
as this release.
|09 Sep 2016 19:42:46
Most commonly used build systems support silent builds, when they
hide actual commands executed and only show short summary line (like
"CC foo.c"). CMake and ninja enable this by default, some autotools
using ports do as well. This is unacceptable because we need complete
build logs at any time, so we now switch to verbose build logs
unconditionally. Note that this change deliberately affects ALL
builds and not only package builds on cluster, because we need to
be sure that user experiencing failure can always provide informative
build log regardless of settings and without rerunning the build.
- Always do verbose builds for cmake, ninja and GNU configure (the
latter includes check if --disable-silent-rules is actually supported
by the configure script; there are isolated cases when it's not true)(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|18 Aug 2016 02:21:07
Add a port of libcpuid, small x86 CPU identification library written in C.
NB: TIMESTAMP line in distinfo should read as follows, but has to stay in
its current form due to a bug in the hook script:
TIMESTAMP (libcpuid-0.3.0.tar.gz) = 1468115631
Number of commits found: 3
11 vulnerabilities affecting 94 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new