|Port details on branch 2023Q2
- password-store Stores, retrieves, generates, and synchronizes passwords securely
- 1.7.4_2 sysutils
=0 1.7.4_2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- There is no maintainer for this port.
- Any concerns regarding this port should be directed to the FreeBSD Ports mailing list via ports@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2023-05-25 20:33:09
- Last Update: 2023-05-25 20:31:53
- Commit Hash: 42a5a8b
- License: GPLv2+
- Password management should be simple and follow Unix philosophy. With pass, each
password lives inside of a gpg encrypted file whose filename is the title of the
website or resource that requires the password. These encrypted files may be
organized into meaningful folder hierarchies, copied from computer to computer,
and, in general, manipulated using standard command line file management
pass makes managing these individual password files extremely easy. All
passwords live in ~/.password-store, and pass provides some nice commands for
adding, editing, generating, and retrieving passwords. It is a very short and
simple shell script. It's capable of temporarily putting passwords on your
clipboard and tracking password changes using git.
You can edit the password store using ordinary Unix shell commands alongside the
pass command. There are no funky file formats or new paradigms to learn. There
is bash completion so that you can simply hit tab to fill in names.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/sysutils/password-store/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install sysutils/password-store
- pkg install password-store
- PKGNAME: password-store
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1623445616
SHA256 (password-store-1.7.4.tar.xz) = cfa9faf659f2ed6b38e7a7c3fb43e177d00edbacc6265e6e32215ff40e3793c0
SIZE (password-store-1.7.4.tar.xz) = 65272
No package information for this port in our database
- Sometimes this happens. Not all ports have packages. This is doubly so for new ports, like this one.
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- bash : shells/bash
- getopt>=0 : misc/getopt
- gnupg>=2 : security/gnupg
- tree>=1.7 : sysutils/tree
- pwgen>=0 : sysutils/pwgen
- xclip>=0 : x11/xclip
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for password-store-1.7.4_2:
CONTRIB=on: Include shell completions, import scripts, related projects
EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
GIT=off: Enable git storage
QRENCODE=off: Enable QR code support
WAYLAND=off: Enable wl-clipboard support
XCLIP=on: Enable xclip feature
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites: