- read-edid Tools for reading the EDID from a monitor
- 3.0.2 sysutils =2 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: danfe@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2016-08-20 18:43:39
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- People watching this port, also watch:: git, py39-diffoscope, smartmontools, pkg, iozone
- License: not specified in port
- read-edid is a pair of tools (originally by John Fremlin) for reading the
EDID from a monitor. It should work with most monitors made since 1996,
assuming the video card supports the standard read commands (most do).
Two tools are provided: get-edid, which gets the raw EDID information from
the monitor, and parse-edid, which turns the raw binary information into a
xorg.conf-compatible monitor section (or xrandr-compatible modelines).
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/sysutils/read-edid/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install sysutils/read-edid
- pkg install read-edid
- PKGNAME: read-edid
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1430271430
SHA256 (read-edid-3.0.2.tar.gz) = c7c6d8440f5b90f98e276829271ccea5b2ff5a3413df8a0f87ec09f834af186f
SIZE (read-edid-3.0.2.tar.gz) = 17508
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- cmake : devel/cmake-core
- ninja : devel/ninja
- Library dependencies:
- libx86.so : devel/libx86
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for read-edid-3.0.2:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- cmake localbase
- For install:
- FreeBSD has mapping at zero address feature turned off since 8.0-RC2:
This is required to read EDID data via classical VBE interface (to avoid
"mmap /dev/mem: Invalid argument" message from libx86). To temporarily
disable this protection, issue the following command:
# sysctl security.bsd.map_at_zero=1
To return to secure state:
# sysctl security.bsd.map_at_zero=0
- WWW: http://www.polypux.org/projects/read-edid/
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:23:05
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
sysutils: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Aaron Landwehr <email@example.com>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Adrian Chadd
* Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alan Eldridge <alane@FreeBSD.org>
* Alan Eldridge <email@example.com>
* Aldis Berjoza <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alex Deiter <email@example.com>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
26 Aug 2020 09:36:18
Unbreak the build with -fno-common (Clang 11, GCC 10).
Reported by: pkg-fallout
14 Aug 2019 12:16:13
Convert to UCL & cleanup pkg-message (categories s)
10 Sep 2018 13:14:52
Add DOCS options to ports that should have one.
Also various fixes related to said option.
Submitted by: mat
exp-runs by: antoine
20 Aug 2016 18:43:29
Add a port of read-edid utility, a pair of tools for reading the EDID from
a monitor. It is mostly useful to read LCD matrix manufacturer and model.
NB: TIMESTAMP line in distinfo should read as follows, but has to stay in
its current form due to a bug in the hook script:
TIMESTAMP (read-edid-3.0.2.tar.gz) = 1430271430