- elasticsearch7 Full-text search engine for Java
- 7.13.2 textproc =3 7.10.1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: elastic@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2020-01-24 19:16:38
- Last Update: 2021-07-06 20:44:37
- Commit Hash: f950a15
- People watching this port, also watch:: elasticsearch6, php73, php74, kibana7
- Also Listed In: devel java
- License: APACHE20
- Elasticsearch aims to be a Distributed, RESTful, Search Engine built on top of
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/textproc/elasticsearch7/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install textproc/elasticsearch7
- pkg install elasticsearch7
- PKGNAME: elasticsearch7
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1625521166
SHA256 (elasticsearch-7.13.2-darwin-x86_64.tar.gz) = e53aa58cc96759cf4c294ea1cc9dbf29008ad7e8ffd32e2030b315dea28758a0
SIZE (elasticsearch-7.13.2-darwin-x86_64.tar.gz) = 319111204
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- jna>0 : devel/jna
- Runtime dependencies:
- bash>0 : shells/bash
- jna>0 : devel/jna
- java : java/openjdk8
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for elasticsearch7-7.13.2:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- cpe shebangfix
- If installing:
- Please see /usr/local/etc/elasticsearch for sample versions of
elasticsearch.yml and logging.yml.
ElasticSearch requires memory locking of large amounts of RAM.
You may need to set:
When running within a jail, it's highly advisable to set:
enforce_statfs = 1
for the jail running elasticsearch instance.
!!! PLUGINS NOTICE !!!
ElasticSearch plugins should only be installed via the elasticsearch-plugin
included with this software. As we strive to provide a minimum semblance
of security, the files installed by the package are owned by root:wheel.
This is different than upstream which expects all of the files to be
owned by the user and for you to execute the elasticsearch-plugin script
as said user.
You will encounter permissions errors with configuration files and
directories created by plugins which you will have to manually correct.
This is the price we have to pay to protect ourselves in the face of
a poorly designed security model.
e.g., after installing X-Pack you will have to correct:
/usr/local/etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.keystore file to be owned by elasticsearch:elasticsearch
/usr/local/etc/elasticsearch/x-pack directory/files to be owned by elasticsearch:elasticsearch
!!! PLUGINS NOTICE !!!
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|06 Jul 2021 20:44:37
textproc/elasticsearch7: Update to 7.13.2
- Update to 7.13.2
- Fix support tools to find java correctly 
- Needs enforce_statfs = 1 in jails 
- Fix rc order 
PR: 256921 
PR: 254777 
PR: 254776 
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:13
all: Remove all other $FreeBSD keywords.
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|30 Dec 2020 13:23:30
textproc/elasticsearch7: Update to 7.10.1
And while here, also reformat Makefile according to portfmt and portclippy
Reviewed by: osa (mentor)
Approved by: osa (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D27820
|29 Nov 2020 16:17:27
textproc/elasticsearch7: Update to 7.10.0
Submitted by: Juraj Lutter (maintainer)
|27 Oct 2020 05:02:26
textproc/elasticsearch7: Update to 7.9.3
Changelog for 7.9.3:
* Bug fixes:
- InternalClusterInfoService should not ignore hidden indices
- Move RestRequestFilter to core
- Ensure domain_name setting for AD realm is present
- Fix API key role descriptors rewrite bug for upgraded clusters
- Retry CCR shard follow task when no seed node left
- Cluster Coordination(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|03 Oct 2020 20:05:15
textproc/elasticsearch7: Update to 7.9.2
Changelog since 7.9.1:
- Deprecate xpack.eql.enabled setting and make it a no-op
- Improve error messages on bad [format] and [null_value] params for date
* Bug fixes
- Cardinality request breaker leak
- Fix bug with terms' min_doc_count
- Analysis(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|10 Sep 2020 12:34:42
textproc/elasticsearch7: Update to version 7.9.1
* Breaking changes:
- Indices changes:
- Elasticsearch includes built-in index templates for logs-*-* and
- Script cache changes:
- The script.cache.max_size setting is deprecated.
- The script.cache.expire setting is deprecated.
- The script.max_compilations_rate setting is deprecated.
- Mapping actions have been deprecated for the create_doc, create,
index and write privileges.
- Settings changes:
- Automatically importing dangling indices is disabled by default.(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|09 Aug 2020 01:14:28
Update to 7.8.1
Submitted by: Juraj Lutter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|13 Jun 2020 22:41:39
Update to 7.7.1
|13 Jun 2020 22:41:04
Fix config path message in rc script
Submitted by: Sven R <email@example.com>
|25 Apr 2020 18:37:13
Update to 7.6.2
|09 Mar 2020 22:52:49
Update to 7.6.1
|22 Feb 2020 17:26:18
Update to 7.6.0
Submitted by: Miroslav Lachman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|24 Jan 2020 19:16:31
Add a port of ElasticSearch 7.x
This is an updated version of the submission to work with 7.5.2 and to
tweak a few things (e.g. sorting, petting portlint)
Submitted by: Miroslav Lachman