- libresonic-standalone Subsonic streaming media server, standalone version
- 6.2_3 www =0 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: jlh@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2017-11-09 21:17:25
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- Also Listed In: java
- License: GPLv3
- Libresonic is a web-based media streamer and jukebox fork of Subsonic.
Libresonic instantly transports your media to any HTTP connected device
regardless of bitrate. You can stream to multiple players simultaneously.
Libresonic is designed to handle very large music collections. By using
transcoder plug-ins, Libresonic supports on-the-fly conversion and streaming
of virtually any audio format, including MP3, OGG, WMA, FLAC, APE and more.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/www/libresonic-standalone/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install www/libresonic-standalone
- pkg install libresonic-standalone
- PKGNAME: libresonic-standalone
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1507218527
SHA256 (libresonic-v6.2.war) = 458249eda3f105c0023c7b51d5983ed71a2cb6a3d3a22dd39be656ee359fab99
SIZE (libresonic-v6.2.war) = 61674004
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- ffmpeg : multimedia/ffmpeg
- java : java/openjdk8
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for libresonic-standalone-6.2_3:
====> Transcoding support
FFMPEG=on: Depend on FFmpeg for audio and video transcoding
FLAC=off: Depend on FLAC for transcoding
LAME=off: Depend on LAME for MP3 transcoding
VORBIS=off: Depend on oggenc/oggdec for Vorbis transcoding
FAAC=off: Depend on FAAD for AAC/M4A transcoding
FAAD=off: Depend on FAAC for AAC/M4A transcoding
XMP=off: Depend on XMP for module file transcoding
MPC=off: Depend on mpcdec for MPC transcoding
APE=off: Depend on mac for Monkey's Audio transcoding
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- For install:
- Enable Libresonic by putting the following line in /etc/rc.conf
See /usr/local/etc/rc.d/libresonic for all the options.
Transcoding in Libresonic is a way to re-encode music on the fly to a format
your listening device supports. A common use is transcoding FLAC, WMA, and
Vorbis audio to MP3 for devices supporting only that codec.
Configuring transcoding uses up to three commands one would use on a normal
command line pipe but with a whitelist of executables installed or linked into
/var/libresonic/transcode. The transcoding configuration page takes
transcoding rules in the form of:
[rule name] [convert from] [convert to] [command 1] [command 2] [command 3]
The most compatible single audio transcoding command is with FFmpeg, transcoding
any input to MP3, mapping all streams to output, and limiting metadata to the
[All to MP3] [ogg flac wma aiff m4a] [mp3] ...
[ffmpeg -i %s -ab %bk -id3v2_version 3 -map_metadata 0 -map 0:0 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 -]
You can also transcode with multiple single-codec commands to avoid
the heavy FFmpeg dependency:
[FLAC to MP3] [flac] [mp3] ...
[flac --silent --decode --stdout %s] [lame --silent -h -b %b -]
[AAC to MP3] [m4a] [mp3] ...
[faad -s -o - %s] [lame --silent -h -b %b -]
[Vorbis to MP3] [ogg] [mp3] ...
[oggdec -Q -o /dev/stdout %s] [lame --silent -h -b %b -]
[MPC to MP3] [mpc] [mp3] ...
[mpcdec %s -] [lame --silent -h -b %b -]
[APE to MP3] [ape] [mp3] ...
[mac %s - -d] [lame --silent -h -b %b -]
[Trackers to MP3] [mod s3m xm it] [mp3] ...
[xmp -q -c %s] [lame --silent -h -b %b -]
- WWW: https://www.libresonic.org
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:23:26
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
www: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Aaron Dalton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Aaron LI <email@example.com>
* Aaron Zauner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Abel Chow <email@example.com>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
* Adrian Steinmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <email@example.com>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
06 Apr 2021 14:31:13
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
all: Remove all other $FreeBSD keywords.
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
14 Aug 2019 12:25:09
Convert to UCL & cleanup pkg-message (categories w)
06 Nov 2018 01:50:27
multimedia/ffmpeg: update to 4.1
24 Sep 2018 21:30:58
I did this initially but then I pulled the latest version from SVN before
committing and didn't realize PORTREVISION was already 1.
Approved by: des@ (implicit)
24 Sep 2018 21:27:07
Remove https support and fix Sprint Boot properties in
HTTPS support will be removed upstream:
Sprint Boot properties use the "server" prefix. They are documented here:
Reported by: chronic at chronic se (Sprint Boot properties)
Reviewed by: des@
Approved by: des@
02 May 2018 15:07:27
multimedia/ffmpeg: update to 4.0
- FFSERVER support was removed upstream
- libressl now uses libtls backend instead of patching openssl one
- Clang i386 no longer uses 16-byte aligned stack
Exp-run by: antoine
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D15175
10 Nov 2017 07:47:15
Fix a typo: s/UERS/USERS/.
09 Nov 2017 21:17:14
Add www/libresonic-standalone port.
Libresonic is a fork of Subsonic under GPLv3.
Reviewed by: mat
Approved by: mat
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12597