- agave TrueType monospaced font designed for X environments
- 37 x11-fonts =0 37Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: ehaupt@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2021-01-18 21:21:59
- Last Update: 2021-04-06 14:31:07
- Commit Hash: 305f148
- License: MIT
- Agave was an attempt at making a small, monospaced, outline font that would be
geometrically regular and simple. The endeavor was motivated by a deep adoration
of old-school console bitmap fonts, of Consolas, of Pragmata Pro, as well as a
novice's curiosity for typographical design.
When it came to establishing a "simple" design scheme, the natural inclination
was to separate the glyph design concerns into that of "frame" and "trait". By
frame, we refer to the naive geometric extent of a glyph and its parts. And by
trait, we mean, for example, the "way" in which a stroke curves, or the
relationship between one part of a glyph and another.
Adhering to personal tastes, bone-deep laziness, and the quirky spirit of old
computer terminal fonts, the delineations of frame and trait amounted to two
mathematical patterns: the power of two and the golden ratio.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/x11-fonts/agave/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install agave
- PKGNAME: agave
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1610979627
SHA256 (blobject-agave-v37_GH0.tar.gz) = 12af3b8cb7d645f7aa60b8680d1eae95f409affef921aac15ff3e05906e9e9d3
SIZE (blobject-agave-v37_GH0.tar.gz) = 1651434
- Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- fontforge : print/fontforge
- ttfautohint : print/ttfautohint
- Runtime dependencies:
- fc-cache : x11-fonts/fontconfig
- mkfontscale : x11-fonts/mkfontscale
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- Master Sites: