- nvidia-driver-71xx NVidia graphics card binary drivers for hardware OpenGL rendering
- 71.86.06 x11
=2 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- IGNORE: is only for i386, while you are running amd64
- Maintainer: danfe@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2007-07-23 13:24:34
- Last Update: 2009-04-13 07:57:34
- SVN Revision: UNKNOWN
- People watching this port, also watch:: qemu, xarchive
- Also Listed In: kld
- License: not specified in port
- These are the official NVidia binary drivers for hardware OpenGL rendering
in X, using the GLX extensions.
cgit ¦ GitHub ¦ GitHub ¦ GitLab ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- PKGNAME: there is no package for this port: NO_PACKAGE = should be recompiled for a particular FreeBSD kernel
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- ONLY_FOR_ARCHS: i386
- There is no distinfo for this port.
No package information for this port in our database
- Sometimes this happens. Not all ports have packages. This is doubly so for new ports, like this one.
- Master port: x11/nvidia-driver
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- fedora-release : emulators/linux_base-fc4
- Library dependencies:
- X11.6 : x11/xorg-libraries
- m.3 : misc/compat5x
- GL.1 : graphics/libGL
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for nvidia-driver-71.86.06:
FREEBSD_AGP=off (default) "Use FreeBSD AGP GART driver"
ACPI=off (default) "Enable support for ACPI Power Management"
LINUX=on (default) "Build with support for Linux compatibility"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: x11/nvidia-driver|
13 Apr 2009 07:57:34
Ports `nvidia-driver-71xx' and `nvidia-driver-96xx' were renamed to better
suited `nvidia-driver-71' and `nvidia-driver-96', respectively.
21 Oct 2008 16:31:44
- Sort distinfo entries so that latest release is on top
- Touch some comments
06 Aug 2008 19:09:29
- Update stable version to 173.14.12, and legacy versions to 71.86.06 and
- Minor Makefile retouch
Reminded by: miwi
06 Jun 2008 20:32:28
- Update to version 173.14.05, the latest from NVidia
- Remove NVVERSION hacks and corresponding comments
- Fix X11BASE reference in a comment
06 Apr 2008 11:16:35
NVidia updated legacy versions of their drivers: original distfiles were missing
compatibility libraries and had to be replaced.
Reported by: several
Confirmed by: Christian Zander of NVidia
03 Mar 2008 13:45:32
Catch up with latest updates from NVidia:
- Update mainstream driver to version 169.12
- Update legacy drivers to versions 71.86.04 and 96.43.05
19 Feb 2008 14:38:10
Forgot in previous commit to master port.
30 Oct 2007 08:21:57
Update nVidia legacy driver versions to 7186 and 9643, forgot in previous
20 Aug 2007 12:56:07
Long-awaited NVidia driver update:
- Update the driver to the latest version, 100.14.11
- Update legacy driver versions to 1.0-7185 and 1.0-9639
- Prevent the port from messing with system configuration files (e.g.
/boot/loader.conf) and doing automatic module loading/unloading. This
functionality would be lost in package anyway, and might cause undesired
side effects [*]
- Register proper @exec/@unexec for ldconfig(8) calls for Linux libraries
- Kill NVidia's afterinstall banner, our pkg-message tells the same but is
more detailed and accurate
- Require X server being installed
- INSTALLS_SHLIB -> USE_LDCONFIG, seems to be OK nowadays
- Respect NOPORTDOCS user setting
- Throw in couple of comments + other minor tweaks(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
23 Jul 2007 13:43:00
Reset PORTREVISIONs while no one notices.
23 Jul 2007 13:24:27
In sight of upcoming update, overhaul things slightly:
- NVVERSION is no longer user settable. nVidia changed their versioning
scheme, which made my life a bit harder. Since this is master port and
cares about legacy version slaves as well, derive NVVERSION from DIST-
VERSION as doing so required less intrusive changes. Update the comment
accordingly. UPDATING note will be committed separately
- Retire OSVERSION hack since it's no longer needed. PORTREVISION are now
set in all three nvidia-driver ports independently. Previously it was
not really safe because NVVERSION was user settable variable
- Introduce new variable, SHLIB_VERSION, and use it in PLIST_SUB, because
it's not always equal to NVVERSION these days
- Mute MKDIR along the way
For slave ports:
- Rename port directory names to reflect future reality: their versions
going to bump as well. No repo copy since there's no history to preserve