- nvidia-hybrid-graphics NVIDIA secondary GPU configuration - Optimus Technology support
- 0.5 x11 =1 0.5Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port Added: 2021-06-15 19:33:10
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- People watching this port, also watch:: mkvtoolnix, gammy, birdtray, scrot
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- This port integrates the Nvidia graphics driver and supporting utilities with
VirtualGL, enabling use of Nvidia acceleration on a system with hybrid graphics
hardware configuration, aka "Optimus".
Applications to be run with Nvidia acceleration should be started using
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-hybrid-graphics/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install x11/nvidia-hybrid-graphics
- pkg install nvidia-hybrid-graphics
- PKGNAME: nvidia-hybrid-graphics
- Package flavors (<flavor>: <package>)
- default: nvidia-hybrid-graphics
- 390: nvidia-hybrid-graphics-390
- There is no distinfo for this port.
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- nvidia-xconfig : x11/nvidia-xconfig
- Xorg : x11-servers/xorg-server
- vglrun : x11/virtualgl
- nvidia-secondary-driver>=440.64 : x11/nvidia-secondary-driver
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for nvidia-hybrid-graphics-0.5:
OPTIRUN=on: Install "optirun" alias for nvrun-vgl
VIRTUALGL=on: Use VirtualGL for OpenGL redirection support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- Running Xorg-nvidia-headless at startup is recommended especially on mobile
systems since leaving Nvidia GPU powered on with no Xorg may consume
significantly more power.
# sysrc nvidia_xorg_enable=YES
# service nvidia_xorg start
The Xorg instance uses separate configuration files from the defaults for Xorg:
Only used if xorg-nvidia-headless.conf does not exist.
This file is passed through nvidia-xconfig, which does not preserve
Created by manually invoking /usr/local/bin/nvidia-headless-xconfig.
Once created, this configuration is not passed through nvidia-xconfig.
Configuration is not normally needed for typical OpenGL acceleration usage.
A properly configured xorg-nvidia-headless.conf will allow Xorg-nvidia-headless
to be started by non-superuser if Xorg has been installed setuid.WWW: https://github.com/therontarigo/freebsd-gpu-headless
- Master Sites:
- There is no master site for this port.
Number of commits found: 4
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:23:32
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
x11: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Adam Weinberger <email@example.com>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
* Alexander Matey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@FreeBSD.org>
* Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
* Alexey Dokuchaev <email@example.com>
* Alexey Mikhailov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
* Anton Berezin <tobez@FreeBSD.org>
* Anton Toernqvist <email@example.com>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
15 Jun 2021 19:30:22
|Kevin Bowling (kbowling)
Author: Theron Tarigo
x11/nvidia-hybrid-graphics: Optimus Technology
Reported by: David Mackay <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed by: many
Tested by: many
Approved by: portmgr (maintainer timeout: 15 days)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D22521
Number of commits found: 4