- nvidia-hybrid-graphics NVIDIA secondary GPU configuration - Optimus Technology support
- 0.5 x11 =0 0.5Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: email@example.com
- Port Added: 2021-06-15 19:33:10
- Last Update: 2021-06-15 19:30:22
- Commit Hash: 2ee6acf
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- This port integrates the Nvidia graphics driver and supporting utilities with
VirtualGL, enabling use of Nvidia acceleration on a system with hybrid graphics
hardware configuration, aka "Optimus".
Applications to be run with Nvidia acceleration should be started using
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-hybrid-graphics/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install x11/nvidia-hybrid-graphics
- pkg install nvidia-hybrid-graphics
- PKGNAME: nvidia-hybrid-graphics
- Package flavors (<flavor>: <package>)
- default: nvidia-hybrid-graphics
- 390: nvidia-hybrid-graphics-390
- There is no distinfo for this port.
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Runtime dependencies:
- nvidia-xconfig : x11/nvidia-xconfig
- Xorg : x11-servers/xorg-server
- vglrun : x11/virtualgl
- nvidia-secondary-driver>=440.64 : x11/nvidia-secondary-driver
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for nvidia-hybrid-graphics-0.5:
OPTIRUN=on: Install "optirun" alias for nvrun-vgl
VIRTUALGL=on: Use VirtualGL for OpenGL redirection support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- Running Xorg-nvidia-headless at startup is recommended especially on mobile
systems since leaving Nvidia GPU powered on with no Xorg may consume
significantly more power.
# sysrc nvidia_xorg_enable=YES
# service nvidia_xorg start
The Xorg instance uses separate configuration files from the defaults for Xorg:
Only used if xorg-nvidia-headless.conf does not exist.
This file is passed through nvidia-xconfig, which does not preserve
Created by manually invoking /usr/local/bin/nvidia-headless-xconfig.
Once created, this configuration is not passed through nvidia-xconfig.
Configuration is not normally needed for typical OpenGL acceleration usage.
A properly configured xorg-nvidia-headless.conf will allow Xorg-nvidia-headless
to be started by non-superuser if Xorg has been installed setuid.
- Master Sites:
- There is no master site for this port.
Number of commits found: 1
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|15 Jun 2021 19:30:22
x11/nvidia-hybrid-graphics: Optimus Technology
Reported by: David Mackay <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed by: many
Tested by: many
Approved by: portmgr (maintainer timeout: 15 days)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D22521
Number of commits found: 1