- dos2unix DOS/Mac to Unix and vice versa text file format converter
- 7.5.1 converters =1 7.5.1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: dim@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2023-06-28 17:45:07
- Last Update: 2023-09-01 08:48:20
- Commit Hash: afb5db2
- People watching this port, also watch:: py39-pycparser, gstreamer1-plugins-pango, libdc1394, gstreamer1-plugins-openmpt, xerces-c3
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- This is an update of Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and
unix2dos. Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos were
distributed via SunSITE.unc.edu (later MetaLab.unc.edu, now ibiblio)
and became part of several Linux distributions such as RedHat, Suse,
Gentoo, and others. This update includes all RedHat patches and fixes
several other problems. Internationalization has been added and ports
to DOS, Windows, Cygwin and OS/2 Warp have been made.
* Native language support.
* Automatically skips binary and non-regular files.
* In-place, paired, or stdio mode conversion.
* Keep original file dates option.
* 7-bit and iso conversion modes like SunOS dos2unix.
* Conversion of Unicode UTF-16 files.
* Handles Unicode Byte Order Mark (BOM).
* Display file information.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- Manual pages:
- FreshPorts has no man page information for this port.
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/converters/dos2unix/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install converters/dos2unix
- pkg install dos2unix
- PKGNAME: dos2unix
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1693472603
SHA256 (dos2unix-7.5.1.tar.gz) = da07788bb2e029b0d63f6471d166f68528acd8da2cf14823a188e8a9d5c1fc15
SIZE (dos2unix-7.5.1.tar.gz) = 959228
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- gettext-runtime>=0.22_1 : devel/gettext-runtime
- msgfmt : devel/gettext-tools
- Library dependencies:
- libintl.so : devel/gettext-runtime
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for dos2unix-7.5.1:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
NLS=on: Native Language Support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- gmake gettext
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
01 Sep 2023 08:48:20
|Dimitry Andric (dim)
converters/dos2unix: update to 7.5.1
28 Jun 2023 17:39:39
|Dimitry Andric (dim)
converters/dos2unix: Add new port
This is a port for Erwin Waterlander's dos2unix, which is shipped in
most Linux distributions, and has many more features than the similar
converters/dosunix and converters/unix2dos ports. It is also much more
maintained, as those other ports have not had significant updates in
The port has DOCS and NLS options, to toggle the building and/or
installing of documentation, multi-lingual messages and man pages.
Note that this port's "dos2unix" and "unix2dos" binaries conflict with
those of the converters/unix2dos port, but I see no good reason to have
both installed at the same time.
Reviewed by: eduardo