- postgresql14-client PostgreSQL database (client)
- 14.b3 databases =0 14.b1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: pgsql@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2021-05-20 14:42:53
- Last Update: 2021-05-20 14:38:55
- Commit Hash: fccc45e
- License: PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting
almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and
user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source
database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students,
undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of
Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In
1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query
language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as
Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and
enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into
memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet
developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The
development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG).
Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the
support mailing list (questions@PostgreSQL.ORG).
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- For RUN/BUILD depends:
- For LIB depends:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql14-client/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install databases/postgresql14-client
- pkg install postgresql14-client
- PKGNAME: postgresql14-client
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1628577978
SHA256 (postgresql/postgresql-14beta3.tar.bz2) = 2ea265980193db70106576201a2fee5b2d72bf9890d3911ddd374d4830624bfa
SIZE (postgresql/postgresql-14beta3.tar.bz2) = 22584314
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: databases/postgresql14-server
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- msgfmt : devel/gettext-tools
- Library dependencies:
- libreadline.so.8 : devel/readline
- libintl.so : devel/gettext-runtime
- This port is required by:
- for Libraries
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for postgresql14-client-14.b3:
DEBUG=off: Build with debugging support
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
GSSAPI=off: Build with GSSAPI support
LIBEDIT=off: Use non-GPL libedit instead of readline
NLS=on: Use internationalized messages
OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=off: Builds with compiler optimizations (-O3)
PAM=off: Build with PAM Support
SSL=on: Build with OpenSSL support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- pkgconfig tar:bzip2 cpe gmake readline gettext ssl compiler
- If installing:
- The PostgreSQL port has a collection of "side orders":
For all of the html documentation
A perl5 API for client access to PostgreSQL databases.
If you want tcl/tk client support.
For Java JDBC support.
For client access from unix applications using ODBC as access
method. Not needed to access unix PostgreSQL servers from Win32
using ODBC. See below.
For client access to PostgreSQL databases using the ruby & python
postgresql-plperl, postgresql-pltcl & postgresql-plruby
For using perl5, tcl & ruby as procedural languages.
Lots of contributed utilities, postgresql functions and
datatypes. There you find pg_standby, pgcrypto and many other cool
- Master Sites: