- shed Simple ncurses-based pico-style hex editor
- 1.15 editors =1 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: danfe@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2015-04-07 14:47:53
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- People watching this port, also watch:: python, unoconv, py39-pycparser, sysinfo
- License: GPLv2
- SHED (Simple Hex EDitor) is a hex editor written for Unix-like systems using
ncurses, with a friendly pico-style interface. It shows data in ASCII, hex,
dec, oct and binary, and allows editing in all of these bases. Its features
also include searching and dumping.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/editors/shed/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install editors/shed
- pkg install shed
- PKGNAME: shed
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- SHA256 (shed-1.15.tar.gz) = 5bde9f146704ba552293b658a2e8e05acb0a14a1348925b19a296663539917c7
SIZE (shed-1.15.tar.gz) = 87777
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- This port has no dependencies.
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for shed-1.15:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:21:49
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
editors: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Adam Saponara <email@example.com>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
* Andreas Kohout <email@example.com>
* Andrej Zverev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Andrey Zakhvatov
* Anton Tornqvist <email@example.com>
* Bill Fumerola <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Bob Eager <email@example.com>
* Chris D. Faulhaber <firstname.lastname@example.org>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
05 Feb 2016 18:57:54
editors/shed: document ncurses requirement (USES+=ncurses)
approved by: infrastructure blanket
07 Apr 2015 14:46:58
Add a port of Shed (Simple Hex Editor).