- mono6.8 Open source implementation of .NET Development Framework
- 22.214.171.124 lang =0 126.96.36.199Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: mono@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2020-12-13 02:38:02
- Last Update: 2020-12-18 20:06:49
- SVN Revision: 558405
- License: MIT
- Mono is an open source implementation of .NET Development Framework. Its
objective is to enable UNIX developers to build and deploy cross-platform
.NET Applications. The project implements various technologies developed by
Microsoft that have now been submitted to the ECMA for standardization.
Mono provides the necessary software to develop and run .NET client and
server applications on BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows, and Unix.
SPECTRE MITIGATION: Mono 6.4+ introduces additional internal changes to
better protect against Spectre and Meltdown attacks for both compiled and
interpreted code during runtime. This can cause severe performance impacts
to applications in a number of scenarios, and is not enabled by default for
that reason. When used in high risk environments such as shared hosting,
it is strongly recommended to enable this option.
- SVNWeb : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/lang/mono6.8/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install mono6.8
- PKGNAME: mono6.8
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- NOT_FOR_ARCHS: riscv64 riscv64sf sparc64
- TIMESTAMP = 1589939235
SHA256 (mono-188.8.131.52.tar.xz) = e2e42d36e19f083fc0d82f6c02f7db80611d69767112af353df2f279744a2ac5
SIZE (mono-184.108.40.206.tar.xz) = 243827664
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- p5-XML-Parser>=0 : textproc/p5-XML-Parser
- bash : shells/bash
- cmake>0 : devel/cmake
- bison : devel/bison
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- python3.7 : lang/python37
- msgfmt : devel/gettext-tools
- Xvfb : x11-servers/xorg-vfbserver
- 8x13O.pcf.gz : x11-fonts/xorg-fonts-miscbitmaps
- fonts.alias : x11-fonts/font-alias
- base : x11/xkeyboard-config
- xkbcomp : x11/xkbcomp
- autoconf>=2.69 : devel/autoconf
- automake>=1.16.1 : devel/automake
- libtoolize : devel/libtool
- perl5>=5.32.r0<5.33 : lang/perl5.32
- Runtime dependencies:
- py37-pillow>=0 : graphics/py-pillow@py37
- ca_root_nss>=0 : security/ca_root_nss
- sqlite3>0 : databases/sqlite3
- zip>=0 : archivers/zip
- pango>0 : x11-toolkits/pango
- libgdiplus>0 : x11-toolkits/libgdiplus
- python3.7 : lang/python37
- Library dependencies:
- libinotify.so : devel/libinotify
- libiconv.so : converters/libiconv
- libintl.so : devel/gettext-runtime
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options
- ===> The following configuration options are available for mono6.8-220.127.116.11:
BIGARRAY=off: Enable allocating arrays greater than Int32.MaxValue
MONODEV=off: Build for Mono development (disables crash privacy)
MONOLITE=on: Use monolite to bootstrap mcs (otherwise use installed mcs)
NINJA=off: Use ninja to build wherever possible
NLS=on: NLS Localization Support
ODBC=off: System.Data: support for unixODBC
SPECTRE=off: Enable internal Mono Spectre mitigations (SEE pkg-descr)
X11=on: X11 (graphics) support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- autoreconf bison compiler:c11 cpe gmake iconv libtool pathfix perl5 python:3.6+ shebangfix tar:xz gettext display:test
- If installing:
- If you have build/runtime errors with Mono and Gtk# apps please try the
* Build Mono and gtk+ (x11-toolkits/gtk20) without CPUTYPE and with the
default FreeBSD CFLAGS ('-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe') as Mono has
been known to expose compiler bugs.
* Try building and running Mono with the GENERIC kernel.
- Mono requires SYSVSHM, SYSVMSG, and SYSVSEM which are part of the
- Removing kernel options or changing defaults to use experimental
options can adversely affect Mono's ability to build and run.
* Remove leftover semaphores / increase semaphore limits.
- Close apps which use Mono and run `ipcs -sbt`. Remove the
semaphores with MODE "--rw-------" and NSEMS "8" using ipcrm (1)
- _OR_ simply reboot which is the safest method.
- On multi-user systems the semaphore limits may need to be increased
from the defaults. The following should comfortably support 30 users.
# echo "kern.ipc.semmni=40" >> /boot/loader.conf
# echo "kern.ipc.semmns=300" >> /boot/loader.conf
* If you are in a jailed environment, ensure System V IPC are enabled.
You can rely on the security.jail.sysvipc_allowed sysctl to check
this status. The following enables this feature on the host system:
# echo "jail_sysvipc_allow=\"YES\"" >> /etc/rc.conf
* Some process information are accessed through /proc (e.g. when using
NUnit) and procfs(5) has to be mounted for these features to work:
# echo "proc /proc procfs rw 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
* Mono does not use the system certificates files. If you update
security/ca_root_nss separate from Mono, you must manually resync
from the PEM file using the Mono cert-sync tool as root.
# cert-sync /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt
Otherwise, certificates may fail validation within Mono.
- If upgrading
- * If you have installed any custom CAs using the cert-sync tool, you
must re-install them after upgrading Mono.
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 4
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|18 Dec 2020 20:06:49
Fix PKGBASE collisions
|18 Dec 2020 19:37:25
Add proper CONFLICTS_INSTALL.
These should now be complete and ready for wider testing, so change the
maintainers to all be mono@FreeBSD.org
Submitted by: linimon
|13 Dec 2020 02:53:09
Actually update the newly created port lang/mono6.8 to 6.8.
This port is a WIP. It compiles and packages on both amd64 and powerpc64.
However, the ports depending on it do *not*. I will continue working on
this. Because of this, assign maintainership to myself in the meantime.
This corresponds to the most recent patches in D23300 except with fixes
to the OPTIONS handling by myself.
Submitted by: prj_rootwyrm.com
Differential Revision: D23300
|13 Dec 2020 02:37:25
Repocopy lang/mono to lang/mono6.8 in preparation for upgrade.
Number of commits found: 4
13 vulnerabilities affecting 98 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new