- sprng Scalable Parallel Pseudo Random Number Generators Library
- 5.0_2 math =1 5.0_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: thierry@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2020-12-11 15:36:14
- Last Update: 2023-12-10 10:23:11
- Commit Hash: 843da99
- People watching this port, also watch:: SparseBitSet, py39-cysignals, R-cran-eRm, python
- Also Listed In: science
- License: CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0
- Computational stochastic approaches (Monte Carlo methods) based on the random
sampling are becoming extremely important research tools not only in their
"traditional" fields such as physics, chemistry or applied mathematics but also
in social sciences and, recently, in various branches of industry. An indication
of importance is, for example, the fact that Monte Carlo calculations consume
about one half of the supercomputer cycles. One of the indispensable and
important ingredients for reliable and statistically sound calculations is the
source of pseudo random numbers. The goal of this project is to develop,
implement and test a scalable package for parallel pseudo random number
generation which will be easy to use on a variety of architectures, especially
in large-scale parallel Monte Carlo applications.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- Manual pages:
- FreshPorts has no man page information for this port.
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/math/sprng/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install math/sprng
- pkg install SPRNG
- PKGNAME: SPRNG
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1607615633
SHA256 (sprng5.tar.bz2) = 9172a495472cc24893e7489ce9b5654300dc60cba4430e436ce50d28eb749a66
SIZE (sprng5.tar.bz2) = 648021
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gfortran12 : lang/gcc12
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- as : devel/binutils
- Runtime dependencies:
- gfortran12 : lang/gcc12
- Library dependencies:
- libtestu01.so : math/testu01
- libmpich.so : net/mpich
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for SPRNG-5.0_2:
EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
MPICH=on: Parallel processing support via MPICH 3
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- compiler dos2unix fortran gmake localbase tar:bz2 mpi:mpich pkgconfig
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
10 Dec 2023 10:23:11
|Thierry Thomas (thierry)
*/*: bump PORTREVISION after the upgrade of MPICH to 4.1.2
23 Apr 2023 09:09:58
|Gerald Pfeifer (gerald)
*: Bump PORTREVISIONs for math/mpc update to 1.3.1
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:22:24
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
math: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Aaron Dalton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alessando Sagratini <email@example.com>
* Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
* Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
* Amarendra Godbole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Anders Nordby <anders@FreeBSD.org>
* Andreas Fehlner (email@example.com)
* Andrew L. Neporada <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Andrey <email@example.com>
* Andrey Zakhvatov(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
02 Mar 2021 21:18:44
13 Dec 2020 13:28:24
Fix on 32 bits archs.
Reported by: pkg-fallout
11 Dec 2020 15:35:36
Adding math/sprng, Scalable Parallel Pseudo Random Number Generators Library.