- uefi-edk2-bhyve-csm UEFI EDK2 firmware for bhyve with CSM (16-bit BIOS)
- 0.2_3,1 sysutils =2 0.2_3,1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- DEPRECATED: Uses Python 2.7 which is EOLed upstream
This port expired on: 2020-12-31
- Maintainer: bcran@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2016-07-09 16:10:15
- Last Update: 2021-04-07 08:09:01
- Commit Hash: cf118cc
- People watching this port, also watch:: uefi-edk2-bhyve, xerces-c3, py38-pycparser, linux-c7-avahi-libs, libkvkontakte
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- UEFI EDK2 firmware for bhyve with CSM (16-bit BIOS) support.
From https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore/wiki/UEFI :
"The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface, or UEFI, specifies the
firmware layer between an operating system and platform hardware. UEFI
replaces the legacy Basic Input Output System (BIOS)."
EDK2 is the project from TianoCore (https://tianocore.org) that provides
"a modern, feature-rich, cross-platform development environment for the
UEFI and UEFI Platform Initialization (PI) specifications."
It's open source under the BSD-2-Clause-Patent license.
This port provides an EDK2 firmware build for x86_64 with 'CSM' support.
CSM is the Compatibility Support Module, compatibility code to allow
operating systems which expect a 16-bit BIOS, and which don't know
about UEFI, to boot.
This CSM port provides an older version of EDK2 for use with VMs
running operating systems which don't have UEFI support.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port: cd /usr/ports/sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve-csm/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve-csm
- pkg install uefi-edk2-bhyve-csm
- PKGNAME: uefi-edk2-bhyve-csm
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- ONLY_FOR_ARCHS: amd64
- TIMESTAMP = 1548651484
SHA256 (freebsd-uefi-edk2-v0.2-aa8d718_GH0.tar.gz) = 749ef1ec3fdb37434745a7ecf7f3d41e6c84aeb906d52e5f8ce85527a06a472e
SIZE (freebsd-uefi-edk2-v0.2-aa8d718_GH0.tar.gz) = 30986800
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- bash : shells/bash
- nasm : devel/nasm
- _sqlite3.so : databases/py-sqlite3@py27
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- python2.7 : lang/python27
- gcc48 : lang/gcc48
- as : devel/binutils
- This port is required by:
- for Run
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for uefi-edk2-bhyve-csm-0.2_3,1:
DEBUG=off: Build with debugging support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- gmake python:2.7,build
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 9
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|07 Apr 2021 08:09:01
One more small cleanup, forgotten yesterday.
Reported by: lwhsu
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|28 Mar 2021 04:43:28
sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve-csm: only depend on gcc48 for building
gcc48 is only required during building, and is not a runtime
Reviewed by: manu, tsoome
Approved by: manu
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D29254
|18 Feb 2021 02:57:01
sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve*: Update and migrate to Python 3
o remove dependency on the now obsolete Python 2.7.
o sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve now uses the GH/tianocore/edk2 upstream repo.
Use commit 2e1e8c35f3178df95d79da81ac6deec242da74c2 from master on
o sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve-csm is no longer a slave port, since it
continues to use the GH/freebsd/uefi-edk2 repo.
o sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve-devel is no longer required, so delete it.
o Update the port Makefiles to follow the style in sysutils/edk2.
Reviewed by: grehan
Approved by: woodsb02
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D27230
|01 Jan 2021 10:11:35
Revert r559792 to unbreak INDEX and bulk -a
It seems a lot of reverse dependencies were missed
With hat: portmgr
|01 Jan 2021 00:57:24
Remove most expired ports that depend on Python 2.7:
- mail/mailman, our listservers still use it
- www/chromium, solely because of popular demand,
upstream is (slowly) working on porting it to Python 3
- ports that have actual patches for Python 3 against
them (Cinnamon and a few unrelated other ports)
- llvm70 and qt5-webengine because they seem to have a lot
of dependencies which need further analysis
- sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve because bhyve seems to use them
- python2 and python27 themselves
I'm sure there will be complaints, but the nice thing about
a version control system is that we can revert and adjust things.(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|25 Mar 2018 15:28:36
sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve: update to 20180318
Submitted by: maintainer
|10 Mar 2018 17:46:06
Bump PORTREVISIONs of all users of math/mpc that we just updated to
version 1.1.0 (via revision 464079).
|09 Jul 2016 16:10:08
sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve: add slave port with CSM
- add slave port for uefi-edk2-bhyve with CSM enabled.
The CSM option was removed from the main port, and
now the port uses different firmware name based on CSM
setting, so master and slave ports can be installed
- rename destination path: s/uefi-firmwares/uefi-firmware
because "firmware" is plural already
- Use USE_GCC instead of direct dependency
Submitted by: maintainer
Differential Revision: D7157
Number of commits found: 9