- aspell-without-dicten Spelling checker with better suggestion logic than ispell
- 0.60.6.1_1 textproc
=0 0.60.6.1_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: office@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2006-07-15 14:29:16
- Last Update: 2012-09-24 21:23:51
- SVN Revision: 304800
- License: LGPL21
- Aspell is a spelling checker designed to eventually replace
ispell, although it currently lacks many of ispell's basic
functions. Aspell's main feature is that it does a much better
job of coming up with possible suggestions than ispell. Aspell
also includes a powerful C++ library with C and Perl interfaces
in the works.
- SVNWeb :
git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- There is no configure plist information for this port.
- Dependency lines:
- No installation instructions: this port has been deleted.
- The package name of this deleted port was:
- PKGNAME: aspell-without-dicten
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- There is no distinfo for this port.
- No package information for this port in our database
- Master port: textproc/aspell
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- gmake : devel/gmake
- perl5.8.9 : lang/perl5.8
- Library dependencies:
- iconv.3 : converters/libiconv
- intl : devel/gettext
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- Master Sites:
- port moved to textproc/aspell on 2012-09-24
REASON: The dictionary is no longer installed with textproc/aspell
Number of commits found: 2
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: textproc/aspell|
|24 Sep 2012 21:23:51
No longer install the english dictionary (please use textproc/en-aspell if you
want the english dictionary)
Remove the now useless textproc/aspell-with-dicten port
textproc/en-aspell now depends on textproc/aspell
clean up the Makefile
|15 Jul 2006 14:28:44
All dictionaries can be installed separately:
- by default, textproc/aspell installs the English dictionaries (no
- thereafter you can install any foreign dictionary;
- when you install a foreign dictionary, i.e. french/aspell or
textproc/da-aspell, it installs only the dictionaries, and depends
upon textproc/aspell for the programs;
- if you don't need the English dictionaries, you can define
WITHOUT_DICTEN or install textproc/aspell-without-dicten;
- add a new port for textproc/en-aspell: if aspell had been installed
without the English dictionaries, they can be added thereafter;
- add a missing port for german/alt-aspell;
- foreign dictionaries are almost independent from textproc/aspell,
and their maintainership is available.
Credits: special thanks to Serge Gagnon <ser_gagnon (at) sympatico.ca>
Number of commits found: 2