- ploticus-nox11 Generates plots and graphs from data (no X11 required)
- 2.40_11 math =2 2.40_7Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- There is no maintainer for this port.
- Any concerns regarding this port should be directed to the FreeBSD Ports mailing list via ports@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2003-10-10 11:52:09
- Last Update: 2014-07-07 00:57:56
- SVN Revision: 361015
People watching this port, also watch: coreutils, doxygen, python, libao, taglib
- License: not specified in port
- Ploticus is script-driven, which makes it suitable for automated, unattended
uses, or for applications that will be run again and again. Ploticus might be
your choice for stylistic reasons or just because it suits the problem or
application. In general, ploticus is good at making graphs like you would see
in newspapers and news magazines, business publications, journals for medical
and social sciences, and so on.
You can also use Ploticus in combination with standard desktop tools, e.g.
generate data displays using ploticus then import SVG or PNG into PowerPoint,
Ploticus is not a function or mathematical plotting package like gnuplot, nor
would it be a good choice for applications where mathematical formulas or
scientific notations are to be rendered as an integral part of the data
display. Ploticus is also not intended as a "marketing" graphics package. Its
goal is to display data crisply without extra decoration and distracting
"dingbats" that cloud the picture. Thus there is little support for 3-D
effects, gradient backgrounds, and so on.
FreeBSD note: the binary is referred to as 'pl' in the source files, but
is installed as 'ploticus' so as to avoid conflicts with other ports.
- SVNWeb : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/math/ploticus-nox11/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install ploticus-nox11
- PKGNAME: ploticus-nox11
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- SHA256 (pl240src.tar.gz) = 8867cb8e6c27938d6595fcbe5861ca65782ff08693de2c5bbc59aaeeaabe97bf
SIZE (pl240src.tar.gz) = 500756
- Master port: math/ploticus
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Library dependencies:
- libgd.so : graphics/gd
- libming.so : graphics/ming
- libpng.so : graphics/png
- libfreetype.so : print/freetype2
- libjpeg.so : graphics/jpeg-turbo
- This port is required by:
- for Run
Deleted ports which required this port:
- * - deleted ports are only shown under the This port is required by section. It was harder to do for the Required section. Perhaps later...
- Configuration Options
- ===> The following configuration options are available for ploticus-nox11-2.40_11:
EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 4
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: math/ploticus|
|06 Jul 2014 23:57:56
Masterport has been staged.
|20 Sep 2013 20:55:06
Add NO_STAGE all over the place in preparation for the staging support (cat:
|22 Aug 2009 00:28:34
- Switch SourceForge ports to the new File Release System: categories starting
|10 Oct 2003 11:49:43
math/ploticus-nox11, a slaveport of math/ploticus
Suggested by: Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
Number of commits found: 4
15 vulnerabilities affecting 88 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new