- botan3 Portable, easy to use and efficient C++ crypto library
- 3.2.0 security =0 3.1.1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: fluffy@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2023-08-08 11:09:05
- Last Update: 2023-10-25 18:29:52
- Commit Hash: c4f9aea
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- Botan is a crypto library written in C++. It provides a variety of
cryptographic algorithms, including common ones such as AES, MD5, SHA,
HMAC, RSA, Diffie-Hellman, DSA, and ECDSA, as well as many others that
are more obscure or specialized. It also offers X.509v3 certificates
and CRLs, and PKCS #10 certificate requests. A message processing
system that uses a filter/pipeline metaphor allows for many common
cryptographic tasks to be completed with just a few lines of code.
Assembly optimizations for common CPUs, including x86, x86-64, and
PowerPC, offers further speedups for critical tasks such as SHA-1
hashing and multiple precision integer operations.
Botan is licensed under the same permissive terms as FreeBSD itself.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- Manual pages:
- FreshPorts has no man page information for this port.
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/security/botan3/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install security/botan3
- pkg install botan3
- PKGNAME: botan3
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1698255166
SHA256 (Botan-3.2.0.tar.xz) = 049c847835fcf6ef3a9e206b33de05dd38999c325e247482772a5598d9e5ece3
SIZE (Botan-3.2.0.tar.xz) = 8998204
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- py39-sphinx>=0 : textproc/py-sphinx@py39
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- python3.9 : lang/python39
- Library dependencies:
- libboost_filesystem.so : devel/boost-libs
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for botan3-3.2.0:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
MANPAGES=on: Build and/or install manual pages
PYTHON=off: Python bindings or support
SQLITE3=off: SQLite 3 database support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- compiler:c++20-lang cpe gmake shebangfix tar:xz python:build
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites: