- bacula11-server Network backup solution (server)
- 11.0.2_1 sysutils =1 11.0.2_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: dvl@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2021-02-24 03:07:24
- Last Update: 2021-05-15 09:20:04
- Commit Hash: c0cb001
- People watching this port, also watch:: py38-ansible
- License: AGPLv3
- Bacula is a set of computer programs that permit you (or the system
administrator) to manage backup, recovery, and verification of
computer data across a network of computers of different kinds.
In technical terms, it is a network Client/Server based backup program.
Bacula is relatively easy to use and efficient, while offering many
advanced storage management features that make it easy to find and
recover lost or damaged files. Due to its modular design, Bacula is
scalable from small single computer systems to systems consisting of
hundreds of computers located over a large network.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- For RUN/BUILD depends:
- For LIB depends:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula11-server/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install bacula11-server
- PKGNAME: bacula11-server
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1617040372
SHA256 (bacula-11.0.2.tar.gz) = a2868ab0d854231b9b0251ade9f50091b0fe3c331f92afba9672b81bd969e02f
SIZE (bacula-11.0.2.tar.gz) = 5982176
- Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- Slave ports:
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- msgfmt : devel/gettext-tools
- Library dependencies:
- liblzo2.so : archivers/lzo2
- libbac-11.0.2.so : sysutils/bacula11-client
- libreadline.so.8 : devel/readline
- libintl.so : devel/gettext-runtime
- libpq.so.5 : databases/postgresql12-client
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for bacula11-server-11.0.2_1:
IPV6=on: IPv6 protocol support
MTX=off: Install mtx for control of autochanger devices
NLS=on: Native Language Support
====> Options available for the multi BACKEND: you have to choose at least one of them
SQLITE3=off: SQLite 3 database support
MYSQL=off: MySQL database support
PGSQL=on: PostgreSQL database support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- libtool readline shebangfix ssl gettext pgsql
- If installing:
- bacula server was installed
A database upgrade is required if upgrading from Bacula < 9.0.
An auto-changer manipulation script based on FreeBSDs
chio command is included and installed at
Please have a look at it if you want to use an
autochanger. You have to configure the usage in
Take care of correct permissions for changer and
tape device (e.g. /dev/ch0 and /dev/n[r]sa0) i.e.
they must be accessible by user bacula.
Due to lack of some features in the FreeBSD tape driver
implementation you MUST add some OS dependent options to
the bacula-sd.conf file:
Hardware End of Medium = no;
Backward Space Record = no;
Backward Space File = no;
With 2 filemarks at EOT (see man mt):
Fast Forward Space File = no;
BSF at EOM = yes;
TWO EOF = yes;
With 1 filemarks at EOT (see man mt):
Fast Forward Space File = yes;
BSF at EOM = no;
TWO EOF = no;
NOTE: YOU CAN SWITCH EOT model ONLY when starting
from scratch with EMPTY tapes.
It is also important that all the scripts accessed
by RunBeforeJob and RunAfterJob will be executed by
the user bacula. Check your permissions.
For USB support read the bacula manual. It could be necessary
to configure/compile a new kernel.
Look at /usr/local/share/bacula/update_bacula_tables for
database update procedure. Details can be found in the
If you are using sqlite you need to run the make_sqlite_tables script as
the bacula user. Do this using 'sudo su -m bacula'.
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 7
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|15 May 2021 09:20:04
sysutils/bacula*-server: Clean up some USES=readline:port cruft
|07 Apr 2021 15:50:24
Fix the build for net-mgmt/nagios-check_bacula11
This patch has been committed upstream via
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:13
all: Remove all other $FreeBSD keywords.
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|30 Mar 2021 17:30:35
Fix the patch for scripts/baculabackupreport.in
This is not bash, it's dash, a shell compatible with /bin/sh
|29 Mar 2021 23:12:07
Update to 11.0.2
minor bug fix release
|24 Feb 2021 02:33:02
Add Bacula 11.0.1
NOTE: New Catalog format in version 11.0 and greater
The upgrade process will require more or less twice the
size of the actual database.
While here, update Bacula 9 conflicts.
Number of commits found: 7