- postgresql16-client PostgreSQL database (client)
- 16.1 databases =0 16.b1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: pgsql@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2023-07-05 14:15:11
- Last Update: 2023-07-05 14:11:39
- Commit Hash: 4ee225f
- License: PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting
almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and
user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source
database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students,
undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of
Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In
1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query
language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as
Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and
enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into
memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet
developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The
development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG).
Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the
support mailing list (questions@PostgreSQL.ORG).
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- Manual pages:
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql16-client/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install databases/postgresql16-client
- pkg install postgresql16-client
- PKGNAME: postgresql16-client
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1699348859
SHA256 (postgresql/postgresql-16.1.tar.bz2) = ce3c4d85d19b0121fe0d3f8ef1fa601f71989e86f8a66f7dc3ad546dd5564fec
SIZE (postgresql/postgresql-16.1.tar.bz2) = 24605482
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: databases/postgresql16-server
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- gettext-runtime>=0.22_1 : devel/gettext-runtime
- msgfmt : devel/gettext-tools
- Library dependencies:
- libreadline.so.8 : devel/readline
- libintl.so : devel/gettext-runtime
- This port is required by:
- for Libraries
- ===> The following configuration options are available for postgresql16-client-16.1:
DEBUG=off: Build with debugging support
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
GSSAPI=off: Build with GSSAPI support
LIBEDIT=off: Use non-GPL libedit instead of readline
NLS=on: Use internationalized messages
OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=off: Builds with compiler optimizations (-O3)
PAM=off: Build with PAM Support
SSL=on: Build with OpenSSL support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- pkgconfig tar:bzip2 cpe gmake readline gettext ssl
- For install:
- Master Sites: