- libptytty OS independent and secure pseudo-tty management
- 2.0 sysutils =2 2.0Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: thierry@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2021-11-23 21:06:05
- Last Update: 2022-09-07 21:58:51
- Commit Hash: fb16dfe
- People watching this port, also watch:: freeglut, lapack, rxvt-unicode, zsh, vim
- License: GPLv2
- Libptytty is a small library that offers pseudo-tty management in an
OS-independent way. It was created out of frustration over the many differences
of pty/tty handling in different operating systems for the use inside
In addition to offering mere pty/tty management, it also offers session database
support (utmp and optional wtmp/lastlog updates for login shells).
It also supports fork'ing after startup and dropping privileges in the calling
process, so in case the calling process gets compromised by the user starting
the program there is less to gain, as only the helper process runs with
privileges (e.g. setuid/setgid), which reduces the area of attack immensely.
Libptytty is written in C++, but it also offers a C-only API.
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- Manual pages:
- FreshPorts has no man page information for this port.
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/sysutils/libptytty/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install sysutils/libptytty
- pkg install libptytty
- PKGNAME: libptytty
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1637693439
SHA256 (libptytty-2.0.tar.gz) = 8033ed3aadf28759660d4f11f2d7b030acf2a6890cb0f7926fb0cfa6739d31f7
SIZE (libptytty-2.0.tar.gz) = 45673
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- cmake : devel/cmake-core
- ninja : devel/ninja
- This port is required by:
- for Libraries
- ===> The following configuration options are available for libptytty-2.0:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:23:05
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
sysutils: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Aaron Landwehr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Adrian Chadd
* Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <email@example.com>
* Alan Eldridge <alane@FreeBSD.org>
* Alan Eldridge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Aldis Berjoza <email@example.com>
* Alex Deiter <firstname.lastname@example.org>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
16 May 2022 06:49:43
|Loïc Bartoletti (lbartoletti)
devel/cmake: Update to 3.23.0
Update to 3.23.0.
Fix pkg-plist: using the default share/man location
Exp-run by: antoine
21 Dec 2021 12:44:01
|Bernhard Froehlich (decke)
sysutils/libptytty: Remove invalid CPE information
Approved by: portmgr (blanket)
23 Nov 2021 21:02:59
|Thierry Thomas (thierry)
sysutils/libptytty: adding an offspring of rxvt-unicode that handles pseudo-tty
It is now required by rxvt-unicode 9.29 as an external dependency.