- crate Containerizer for FreeBSD (alpha-software, expect bugs)
- 0.1.3_2 sysutils =2 0.1.3_2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: yuri@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2019-08-04 07:57:07
- Last Update: 2021-09-30 21:23:30
- Commit Hash: 620968a
- People watching this port, also watch:: openjdk8, netdata, coreutils
- Also Listed In: emulators
- License: BSD3CLAUSE
- crate is a FreeBSD containerizer utilizing FreeBSD jails.
crate can create the application container based on the description provided by
the user, and then runs this container any number of times as a monolithic
process, with all dependencies included in the container.
Containers can be useful in these scenarios:
* You can keep any version of your application, and it will always run later the
same way, regardless of what packages will be installed on your system.
* You can run a web browser from the crate container, and every time it will run
in the clean environment not allowing any tracking.
* You can run closed source applications, they will be isolated from the rest of
your system, and there will be no chance for them seeing your disks.
crate is in its alpha stage. Things might not work as expected!
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/sysutils/crate/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
- pkg install sysutils/crate
- pkg install crate
- PKGNAME: crate
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1565507333
SHA256 (yurivict-crate-0.1.3_GH0.tar.gz) = cd7f2e1ffb7f120b70a39984e0d7ac991639b679f7f89e8bae8f61ab7fa3678f
SIZE (yurivict-crate-0.1.3_GH0.tar.gz) = 34076
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- rang>0 : devel/rang
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- Library dependencies:
- libyaml-cpp.so : devel/yaml-cpp
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for crate-0.1.3_2:
EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- compiler:c++17-lang pkgconfig
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|30 Sep 2021 21:23:30
|Rene Ladan (rene)
cleanup: drop support for EOL FreeBSD 11.X
Search criteria used:
- adridg: devel/qca-legacy
- jbeich: _WITH_DPRINTF, _WITH_GETLINE, GNU bfd workarounds
- sunpoet: security/p5-*OpenSSL*
Reviewed by: doceng, kde, multimedia, perl, python, ruby, rust
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D32008
Test Plan: make index
|13 Jul 2021 09:07:26
|Guido Falsi (madpilot)
devel/yaml-cpp: Update to 0.7.0
- Patch cmake include to actually work
- Bump PORTREVISION on consumers, testing shows it is not completely
|07 Apr 2021 08:09:01
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
One more small cleanup, forgotten yesterday.
Reported by: lwhsu
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|29 Dec 2019 01:17:41
sysutils/crate: Ignore on 11: getline isn't found there
Reported by: fallout
|26 Sep 2019 21:31:46
- Update yaml-cpp to 0.6.3
- Removed TEST option since it fails to build. Disable tests
- Bump PORTREVISION on dependent ports. I've observed linker errors
on startup due to library changes
|11 Aug 2019 07:39:31
sysutils/crate: Update 0.1.2 -> 0.1.3
Fixes 11.3 build.
Reported by: jbeich (11.3 breakage)
|10 Aug 2019 18:39:43
sysutils/crate: Update 0.1.1 -> 0.1.2
|09 Aug 2019 17:23:30
sysutils/crate: Improve the BROKEN statements; Add emulators to CATEGORIES
The BROKEN statement now is triggered by the presence of the STL's 'filesystem'
feature instead of the system version.
Submitted by: jbeich (patch for BROKEN statements)
|08 Aug 2019 21:47:14
sysutils/crate: Fix the accidentally changed BROKEN statement.
Reported by: adamw
|08 Aug 2019 21:04:30
sysutils/crate: Update 0.1 -> 0.1.1
(jbeich@, I will look into compatibility with other versions once I have time.)
|04 Aug 2019 07:21:36
New port: sysutils/crate: Containerizer for FreeBSD